Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Dublin to Belfast, picking up on the "capital" and "international" flavour?

Unlikley, given they said "Have used an Irish pic up before so wouldn't repeat that."

I think it is almost certainly somewhere on mainland Great Britian, which is on the Capitals route linked to by @roubaixtuesday here.

Emanresu

The AV goes along a tributary of the Thames. A bridge over the river is seen in the last pic. This is where it comes out onto an A road.

clue.jpg

robjh

Legendary Member

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller

Mike_P

Guru
I've followed AV from the Thames to Redhill using the Open Cycle map in Komoot checking if Google Streetscene has been near any water crossing and cannot find that image.

Last edited:

Emanresu

Morden Park over the River Wandle is correct. Over to you @robjh

Mistakenly I thought this would be easy. The route only goes through 2 or 3 parks so thought that would narrow it down. That said, it's a great combination of roads of different types and it is surprising how leafy the London area is.

Alex321

Veteran
Morden Park over the River Wandle is correct. Over to you @robjh

Mistakenly I thought this would be easy. The route only goes through 2 or 3 parks so thought that would narrow it down. That said, it's a great combination of roads of different types and it is surprising how leafy the London area is.

The difficulty we have is htat whatever you select needs to be visible on streetview. Remember, most of us will not have cycled over many of the examples. If you are going to pick somewhere that the road or path doesn't actually have regular streetview, then it should be matching one of the photos selectable on Google maps.

Otherwise, nobody who hasn't actually been there is likely to find it for sure.

Top Bottom