Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
From the 'classic' architecture around the doors and the stone, it looks like Bath or close by.

The first time I visited Bath it felt like home for that very reason. :smile: However this street is much closer to home.

Emanresu

The first time I visited Bath it felt like home for that very reason. :smile: However this street is much closer to home.

When you said 'close to home' you meant it. Didn't know the city had sandstone buildings so surprised. Thought it might have also been Harrogate.

Attachments

• Lancaster High Street.jpg
    Lancaster High Street.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 9

Mike_P

Guru
When you said 'close to home' you meant it. Didn't know the city had sandstone buildings so surprised. Thought it might have also been Harrogate.

Flip I looked everywhere around Lancaster but not Lancaster itself. Would suggest there are too many sandstone buildings for it to be Harrogate where there is a mix with buildings in Millstone Grit.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

It's literally round the corner from me, and one of my favourite parts of town. It would be a perfect location for a Dickensian street scene. This is the side street...
name this street2.jpg

The building on the right in your pic of High Street also has this curious plaque

Back to you :smile:

Last edited:

Emanresu

Virtue and Vice - sounds like an act you'd find in Morecambe down the road.

Next pic is a transnational cycle route which I have yet to finish but it does have green credentials.

Transnational Cycle Route.jpg

Last edited:

MontyVeda

I hate to be picky* but is that actually a road?

*that's a lie obviously, there's nothing I enjoy more than some pointless pedantry

Looks like a chalk path through some parkland to me, but so long as there's streetview images on google maps... shouldn't be a problem.

robjh

Legendary Member
Virtue and Vice - sounds like an act you'd find in Morecambe down the road.

Next pic is a transnational cycle route which I have yet to finish but it does have green credentials.

View attachment 723960

transnational cycle route (with) green credentials - had me thinking of the Lôn Las Cymru, but I can't see anywhere on the route with this very (to my eye) English parkland. That nation then is presumably not Wales.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
There isn’t a trans national cycle route in England as that would imply end to end. There are some coast to coast but you wouldn‘t describe those as trans national. Thus I think Wales probably is on the money

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
"Tans-" means "across" so I don't think it rules out C2C routes. (Think transatlantic, doesn't just mean Greenland-Antarctiica)

Last edited:

Emanresu

Perhaps it would have been more accurate to describe it as trans-international rather than intra-UK. It's a capital route for those that ride it - and nice and green.

Have used an Irish pic up before so wouldn't repeat that.

Top Bottom