Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Yes! Was a decent little climb and great view from the top.

I've done a lot of riding recently in that Biggleswade-Huntingdon-Cambridge-Buntingford diamond. Some lovely, quiet, rolling roads and pretty expansive views over the flat expanses

The view down to the Cambridgeshire plains as I say from the chalk ridge on the Herts / Essex borders.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Are they the paps of jura? I ran over them in the Lowe Mountain Marathon, 1997 there is a video of the event on the Web somewhere, I spotted myself on it.
And to complete the task, you just need to name the road...

Venod

Eh up
I think its the A83 somewhere near here.

1600501429268.png

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Bullseye, @Venod. Your turn again.

Of all roads I ever ridden, I think this is the one I regard as most important to do again. Heading southwards, once past the island of Gigha there's a section of over 10 miles where you feel on the edge of the earth, before the road curves away towards Campbeltown. I was probably lucky in that there was no more than a gentle waft of the purest Atlantic air, when looking at the map I imagine winds of Hebridean proportions are not uncommon.

The quieter road on the other side of the peninsula is great too, but it's a totally different experience.

I thought the Paps of Jura would've been more recognisable, but I should know how these things go now. :scratch:

Venod

Eh up
Bullseye, @Venod. Your turn again.

I haven't been that far down, we caught the ferry from Kennacraig to Islay, then a flotilla of small craft ferried all the competitors and their gear across to Jura, I have done several Moutain Marathons but this was definatley the best, the weather was brilliant, the overnight camp was at Loch Tarbert, people were swimming in the sea, its also memorable for the midges when we camped at Lochgilphead on the way home.
Here's another, taken from google but it is a road I have cycled.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
So looking north , possible trunk road, Pennines ?

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
OK, so either everyone's sick of the game, or this is much harder than I thought.

Time for a clue methinks.

Keep on in the direction of the photo and you'll reach a record breaking village.

Top Bottom