Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I'm sure that clue is obvious once the answer is known! :wacko:

:laugh:

You'll get it in a Jiffy
Or maybe in a second.
Or perhaps in a mo
Or possibly in a *****?

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I think I was already on the right track. I guessed the record would be highest village, it doesn't seem to be anywhere near Wanlockhead, so I looked up "highest village in England" which turns out to be Flash.

I haven't pinpointed the exact spot, but I think you must be on New Road, heading northish.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Flash is correct; New Road is not
That explains why I couldn't get an exact match. It's Midgeley Road:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Fortunately I have the next one ready. The obvious feature may not be unique, but I'm certain it's unusual. However, whether anyone apart from me thinks it interesting enough to talk about online is quite another matter. So good luck searching!

But what I'm assuming is an obvious feature may prove to be anything but. I have clues ready just in case...

Venod

Eh up
Fortunately I have the next one ready. The obvious feature may not be unique, but I'm certain it's unusual. However, whether anyone apart from me thinks it interesting enough to talk about online is quite another matter. So good luck searching!

But what I'm assuming is an obvious feature may prove to be anything but. I have clues ready just in case...

View attachment 548825
Is it Sydenham Parkway Bridgewater.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Is it Sydenham Parkway Bridgewater.
Amazing, but you get a 20-second penalty for spelling Bridgwater incorrectly. ;)

So how did you find it? Bridgwater is obviously on most people's Lejog/Jogle route, but I'd've thought it's unlikely they'd route themselves that way. I took the picture last week, at the end of a 200km DiY Audax and I went that way because I'd noticed the unusual-looking road and wanted to get the picture for this thread. Yes, really. :sad:

Time for another!

Venod

Eh up
So how did you find it?

I Googled pylons down a dual carriageway, it wasn't the first or only result to come up, but one mentioned Bridgwater and I thought that is your part of the country, the problem came when I searched for Bridgewater (to confirm it) on the OS app, I was puzzeled why it didn't find it, as you pointed out I spelt it wrong.

Here is another, I hope its not too hard, but I think it will have been ridden by more people than me on here.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I Googled pylons down a dual carriageway, it wasn't the first or only result to come up, but one mentioned Bridgwater and I thought that is your part of the country, the problem came when I searched for Bridgewater (to confirm it) on the OS app, I was puzzeled why it didn't find it, as you pointed out I spelt it wrong.

Here is another, I hope its not too hard, but I think it will have been ridden by more people than me on here.

View attachment 548873

Reminds me of the Northern Dales, Tan Hill or thereabouts, but I don't see an obvious match.

Probably Bodmin Moor given my normal accuracy...

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Looks like somewhere in the North Pennines AONB, or possibly Nidderdale.
The fact that you haven't recognised it makes me think that it isn't in your normal riding area in the Yorkshire Dales or Forest of Bowland! The fact that I haven't recognised it makes me think it isn't close to me, although it does look pretty much like many places in West and North Yorkshire. Maybe it is just beyond our normal patch?

Top Bottom