Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribansman

Veteran
Sorry for the delay all, I went away and didn't have internet access! Here's my next offering, taken only a couple of weeks ago on a road I cycle on frequently... (a bit more humdrum than @Aravis's offering!)

Screenshot_20200915_094147.jpg

Tribansman

Veteran
Just realised it looks slightly different on street view as that dates from 2011. Here's what it looks like on Google...
Screenshot_20200915_101159~2.jpg

Won't give any clues just yet....

Last edited:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Sooo. Using a bit of forum stalking and pondering this is likely to be in the Hertfordshire/Buckinghamshire area ( @Tribansman 's manor).

There seems to be high ground on the horizon. Maybe the Chilterns from afar? Maybe looking South from the kind of Bletchley or Bedford area.

All wild guesses, thinking aloud.

There is a mast on the far horizon, I think. I vaguely remember seeing one from the M40... googles...https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stokenchurch_BT_Tower near J5 M40.

The land between is pretty flat. If that is the mast, I can't find a match. Near Thame is my best guess.

Tribansman

Veteran
Sooo. Using a bit of forum stalking and pondering this is likely to be in the Hertfordshire/Buckinghamshire area ( @Tribansman 's manor).

There seems to be high ground on the horizon. Maybe the Chilterns from afar? Maybe looking South from the kind of Bletchley or Bedford area.

All wild guesses, thinking aloud.

Good stalking, bit it's slightly further north than Hertfordshire

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Sorry for the delay all, I went away and didn't have internet access! Here's my next offering, taken only a couple of weeks ago on a road I cycle on frequently... (a bit more humdrum than @Aravis's offering!)
How did you survive? ;)

I'm sure you realised I was just offering a little entertainment while we all had a break. I imagine that picture will be my next "official" offering so if anyone's solved it, bear that in mind.

I don't think it'll be this time round though...

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Another candidate could be the big mast near Priors Marston in Warwickshire, which is "slightly further north than Hertfordshire" and which overlooks wide flat area around Southam. But I'm guessing. I just happen to ride that way sometimes.

Ah but Sandy is just a few miles north of Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire border. Warwickshire doesn’t share a border with Hertfordshire.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’m thinking B658 but may be well off.

Tribansman

Veteran
Should be a good clue to anyone who knows Cambridgeshire. I thought the whole county was a billiard table, but I've done precious little riding there.

Am sensing my road ain't exciting anyone's detective impulses, so a couple more clues so we can move on:

- to the immediate left just across the field there's a (small) National Nature Reserve
- there's a pub nearby that shares its name with a London underground station

There aren't that many on here familiar with Herts/Beds/Bucks/Cambs roads are there?!

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I don't wish to keep folks waiting unnecessarily, so I think I'd better proceed with the next. I somewhat tied my hands a few days ago anyway.

I don't think this will present any problems, so fingers on buzzers, where is it?

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I don't think this will present any problems,

Reminds me of Maths lecturers, "So, obviously..." (cue 200 students looking utterly befuddled)

Looks Scottish. Large mountains ahead, across a significant body of water. Road immediately by the shore, then curving inland. No obvious clue to direction

No obvious candidates from a first look.

Top Bottom