Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
back to this...
What do we have?

A church, but one that seems to be lacking a tower or spire. Maybe it fell down. If it ever had one it was probably at the far end, but I know very little about church architecture. Also, I think this might suggest the road is facing east. But maybe not.

Gothic kind of windows. Could be Victorian as the Victorians used Gothic architecture as a substitute for taste.

We also have a pylon that looks quite tall. It's all legs and skirt and very little body. Either that or it's a normal height pylon but doesn't have much in the way of cables to carry.

Hedges rather than stone walls, and what looks like a Tesco van.

T4tomo

Guru
I know very little about churches too. built 1830's, that may make it gothic revival? Its only tower is the modest bell tower nearest camera

I know less about pylons, this is it or its mate from another angle, if that helps.
1634118688500.png

There is something else, potentially helpful, you haven't spotted (or mentioned)

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I think the blue thing may be a storage unit, or perhaps a toilet, with a vehicle parked close to it. In front of that there seems to be a largish parking area, possibly with a loose grey stone surface. Separated from the road by a ditch is I think a footpath, either surfaced with the same grey stone or tarmac. There are a couple of buildings behind the chevrons which look as though they could be quite distinctive if they could be seen more clearly.

None of this adds up to very much. The path and car park look as though they're quite recent, or even temporary, so the purpose behind them may hold something. The church/chapel looks distinctive but not that unusual.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
That church looks brick and flint which offers some geographical clue, albeit not particularly helpful. The size and windows should be distinctive to anyone who's been there.

Beyond that I'm struggling to recognise anything in the picture from the level of available detail.
The blue thing looks like shipping container but is surely too small. A building? A trailer? Looks like a yellow & white warning sign facing the car park, and maybe some manufacturer markings up at high level.
Portaloo? Pay & Display building for the car park?

I'm wondering if the church is on some kind of big country estate.

There's another building on the far left of the picture - difficult to tell what I'm looking at but appears to be the ridge and pitched roof of a building that adjoins some adjacent blocky structure (a tower?) . Looks almost like a 2nd church; some kind of gatehouse maybe.

T4tomo

Guru
Beyond that I'm struggling to recognise anything in the picture from the level of available detail.
The blue thing looks like shipping container but is surely too small. A building? A trailer? Looks like a yellow & white warning sign facing the car park, and maybe some manufacturer markings up at high level.
Portaloo? Pay & Display building for the car park?
I thinks its a shed, and it isn't a car park. although knowing what it isnt wont really help you
I'm wondering if the church is on some kind of big country estate.
No just in a village
There's another building on the far left of the picture - difficult to tell what I'm looking at but appears to be the ridge and pitched roof of a building that adjoins some adjacent blocky structure (a tower?) . Looks almost like a 2nd church; some kind of gatehouse maybe.
unrelated farm buildings, the tower is grain tower entry point.

The has the makings of a fun laden search, as there is still something in the picture no-one has commented on, that is the best clue to finding the road. The view is from almost at the top of a short sharp, but otherwise unremarkable climb, that we do relatively regularly, and regarded as the slightly easier route to reach this village.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I thinks its a shed, and it isn't a car park. although knowing what it isnt wont really help you
No just in a village

unrelated farm buildings, the tower is grain tower entry point.

The has the makings of a fun laden search, as there is still something in the picture no-one has commented on, that is the best clue to finding the road. The view is from almost at the top of a short sharp, but otherwise unremarkable climb, that we do relatively regularly, and regarded as the slightly easier route to reach this village.

Nothing really outstanding in picture unless you’ve been there. Sharp bends can be found in myriad of locations. Possible cycle track other side of hedge but may just be footpath.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Large white something just up and right from the blue hut.
Difficult to see it against the sky, but has a clear square shape where it part-obscures the tree - looks like a building rather than say, a silage heap under plastic.
Not sure any of this helps.
1634152670667.png

classic33

Leg End Member
Large white something just up and right from the blue hut.
Difficult to see it against the sky, but has a clear square shape where it part-obscures the tree - looks like a building rather than say, a silage heap under plastic.
Not sure any of this helps.
View attachment 613515
Blue container being used as a cafe in a carpark?

There's buildings on the left edge, with a low voltage power line(wooden poles) running towards them.
Green sign at the bend, temporary route marker for an event, or filming location.

L66 pylon!
IMG_20211013_211425.jpg

swansonj

Guru
Blue container being used as a cafe in a carpark?

There's buildings on the left edge, with a low voltage power line(wooden poles) running towards them.
Green sign at the bend, temporary route marker for an event, or filming location.

L66 pylon!
View attachment 613520
Sorry, that's not an L66. Looks like just a bog-standard L132 to me. Had it been L66, I agree it could have narrowed things down, but lines like the one in the picture are pretty much everywhere so not much help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom