Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Definitely Scotland!

Not Skye, Rum or Jura. Something a bit more prosaic; Arran seen when approaching the Claonaig - Lochranza ferry. I was there a couple of months ago, but I'm surprised how narrow the road looks for what is an important through route, so it wasn't my first guess:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.7...4!1sOFlUnYfTtEn7HfcUzsJSmg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

T4tomo

Guru
Definitely Scotland!

Not Skye, Rum or Jura. Something a bit more prosaic; Arran seen when approaching the Claonaig - Lochranza ferry. I was there a couple of months ago, but I'm surprised how narrow the road looks for what is an important through route, so it wasn't my first guess:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.7...4!1sOFlUnYfTtEn7HfcUzsJSmg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

View attachment 619127
indeed - single-track road to ferry terminal. guess the traffic comes in waves and generally in one direction at a time

1637755969371.png

I confess I haven't ridden it...... yet: I'm plotting an Ardrossan to Inverness via Caledonian way, so will have the reverse view

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Yep, well done @Alex321. In times gone by, if I wanted to ride up into mid Wales, it would be Severn Bridge, Wye Valley, A40/A4137/A49 to Hereford and probably on to Leominster. It all seemed perfectly sensible at the time. Nowadays I'd be more likely to pass under the A49 bridge in Hereford on the cycle path, although I might still head out of the city south-west on the A465 in search of better things.

Maybe something a little older again next time. :B)

Over to @Alex321.

Alex321

Veteran
Yep, well done @Alex321. In times gone by, if I wanted to ride up into mid Wales, it would be Severn Bridge, Wye Valley, A40/A4137/A49 to Hereford and probably on to Leominster. It all seemed perfectly sensible at the time. Nowadays I'd be more likely to pass under the A49 bridge in Hereford on the cycle path, although I might still head out of the city south-west on the A465 in search of better things.

Maybe something a little older again next time. :B)

Over to @Alex321.
I think that was the first time somebody has posted a road here that I have immediately thought "I know that one".

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think that was the first time somebody has posted a road here that I have immediately thought "I know that one".
I had it with one that nickyboy posted. There was one little problem though - "I know that one - IT'S IN SPAIN!", so it was disqualified.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I always prefer to wait for the setter's confirmation if possible. I think I'd better go ahead now, and I know how much you all appreciate my clues.

The old woman can tell you a tall one:

Top Bottom