Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Where is it?

The southerly turn for Braughing off B1368

nomisp

Veteran
It should be showing as a picture 45 mins ago, its at Braughing Herts at the junction of Ford street and the B1368

nomisp

Veteran
Capture.JPG

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I wouldn't try down, but it's on my list for up now. Harder than Trooper Lane?

I never got round to trying that one either.

I know fit riders who have tried and failed on The Buttress. If you used a low enough gear and went slowly enough, yes, but to attempt it at speed - yikes!

That first section is 90 metres at 32% (which kills the legs early on) and then 215 metres at 19.5%...

The Buttress profile.jpg

If you ever have a go, do it in a dry spell in the summer. The steep cobbles are lethal if damp or frosty, and especially when covered in leaf mulch and/or moss.

Anyway... back to @nomisp's road! :okay:

nomisp

Veteran
There are gates at the end of the left hand entrance which used to be open but are now locked but with a side entrance for the benefit of walkers and cyclists

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Ooh bugger, I didn't recognize it at all, and I waited right there for a group just a few weeks ago.

I took the picture whilst doing a DIY 200 audax themed with as many war memorials as I could manage inside Hertfordshire. This was late 2020 from memory, when you weren’t meant to leave the county without a good reason !

Top Bottom