Garage refurb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
In my case painful bodgery also seems to take a while :laugh: A lump hammer and a crowbar should speed things along, the first bits anyway :laugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
And it's back on!

My health is rapidly improving and I'm feeling mightier by the day, which is good.

The original roofing supplier fannied about, and with no realistic prospect of ever seeing my goods I demnded my money back. Duly refunded I ordered from elsewhere, and its due to be delivered on Monday.

Looks like I'll be a busy boy!

Last edited:
Yes, the old Glasgae socket set is a powerful precision instrument!
Don't knock subtlety with a hammer, as an apprentice I lost a lot of money to a journeyman with a pin hammer (think toffee hammer) and me a 1lb hammer - as the saying goes it isn't how big it is, it's what you do with it... Equally he could drive a centre push to 0.25mm diameter (10 thou back then) with a 2lb hammer when I struggled with pin/toffee hammer.

GM

Legendary Member
Any chance of some photos of the progress you've been doing?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Finished product...

Mrs D's new exercise bike and some more free weights are now in there, but these are the only pics I have at the mo.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Thank you!

It also has a tv now. A friend of Mrs D came tomvisit, and after a while said she'd better get going as she had to go to the tip. Mrs D asked why and she said she had this tv she was getting rid off - fully working, but she didn't need it so was just going to chuck it! So I now have a 38" Samsung on a wall mount in there.

Aye, I'm down to my last 350 rolls of bum rag so better get some more. No panic buying of bulk buying, just bought a new big pack ever 3 weeks instead of ever 4 and now the Doomsday Store ( (tm) Drago Industries 2021) is ready for an outbreak of dysentery.

Top Bottom