Garden bicycle storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I need to get the bikes out of the house. Next spring I intend to tidy my garden up and while I'm at it pull down the old shed and replace it with a metal version good enough for four adult bikes. Any suggestions as I need to start saving up? I think you can get metal sheds from £500-600 (at B&Q) but I'm not sure if I should be spending a little more on a shed like those from these guys: http://trimetals.co.uk/

Bill

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've just got one of these for storing bikes at home (the new place is too small to fit any bikes inside but there is a small patio garden out back)

Obtained from Agsgard (my browser at work is borked, can't post links properly, paste this into yours if the link doesn't work : http://www.asgardsss...p?pro_code=Acc1 ), currently a good price too. Worth considering against the Trimetals one- it's a little larger and has a solid floor as standard.
P9170047.jpg

Here is a shot of the contents, four bikes and a (folded) trailer, still a bit of room left (but not enough for another full-size bike).

P9170037.jpg

It's a minor pain if the one you want is at the back of course.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I got a fully pressure treated tanalised 6x8 custom built shed for £500 from a local shed builder

Here it is in the depths of winter 2010

162817_10150114543626177_560751176_7525410_4988974_n.jpg

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Excellent mate (your link works too) Quite a saving over the Trimetals and has shelf storage for spares, lubes etc.

Thank you, I will start saving now.

Bill

The £450 doesn't include the shelf- mine didn't come with a shelf anyway, I think it's an extra.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I can do most of my bike maintenance in there (I used to do it in the kitchen :ohmy: ) and I have just installed a heater.

dongo

Regular
I bought one of the asgard units (with very useful shelves) about 18 months ago and am very pleased. Seems very secure and plenty of room, bikes are easy to get at. Ended up getting another (cause my wife needs one to herself), we have seven bikes, all the maintenance tools, helmets, pumps, a big box of kids toys and some small steps in out two.

Shrimp_Stu

Resurrecting this thread....seems to be thumps up for the Asgard Units....my question is can you fix a ground anchor in these units? I have a ground anchor and chain but would want to secure my bikes in the shed.

Plus does it need to be on a concrete base? I was thinking of just laying some paving slabs down to nestle the unit as the weight of the shed should firm it up? (Or am I being stupid!)

Robwiz

Regular
Resurrecting this thread....seems to be thumps up for the Asgard Units....my question is can you fix a ground anchor in these units? I have a ground anchor and chain but would want to secure my bikes in the shed.

Plus does it need to be on a concrete base? I was thinking of just laying some paving slabs down to nestle the unit as the weight of the shed should firm it up? (Or am I being stupid!)
You really need to set your ground anchor in a great big hunk of concrete – think of the concrete screed of a garage floor. Paving slabs would be too easy to crack, rendering the ground anchor useless.

Top Bottom