Garden Waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
You the only person i know that classes annual leave as a cost as part of their holiday……seriously you are.

In the run up to retirement, my wife worked as a contractor.
We certainly factored her daily rate of £330 into holiday decisions.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
A contractor will require a waste transfer license, and fill out a transfer note on site for the client and at the tip site receive more paperwork, and keep this as evidence. Some tip sites charge a minimum of £100 to tip.

I consider you’re better employed as a data analyst (oh the irony) than a contract gardener - you’d be on your arse within six months charging £20 an hour all through.
Thanks for back handed side swipe……

@Moderators please close the thread, abuse, snide remarks and name calling shouldnt be accepted by anyone on this forum

Alex321

Veteran
Its only assumed he paid 100 for disposal, could have been 20, 30, or 50 even…..we dont know

the facts are £180 for 4hrs work…..thats £45 per hour less costs, thats a fact, zero arguememts
No, it is NOT a fact.

And no, we have no idea what he paid for disposal. That is irrelevant. The going rate for disposal of waste as an add on to gardening service is between £100 and £200. That disposal was included in the overall price here.

Without seeing a breakdown of his invoice, neither you or I knows what the actual amount was, but it is absolutely certain that the £180 was not just for the 4 hours work on site. That IS a fact.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

No, it is NOT a fact.

And no, we have no idea what he paid for disposal. That is irrelevant. The going rate for disposal of waste as an add on to gardening service is between £100 and £200. That disposal was included in the overall price here.

Without seeing a breakdown of his invoice, neither you or I knows what the actual amount was, but it is absolutely certain that the £180 was not just for the 4 hours work on site. That IS a fact.
Lik you said what he paid for disposal is irrelevant....

Two facts - £180 and 4hrs......the rest is unknowns

180 ÷ 4 = £45......per hour

The rest is assumptions made by people on here.

Hope you enjoy your day. Merry christmas all.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

@jowwy have you stepped back and considered why a disproportionately high number of threads you are involved in descend into name calling and petty fall outs?

Can it really be down to everyone else and you're just unlucky?
i dont call people names - so you will have to ask the other members why they start doing that. I have been involved in many hundreds of threads since becoming a member 10+yrs ago......many hundreds of them have not descended into name calling and petty fall-outs, only a few recently were people cant get involved in NACA posts and want some where else to vent their frustrations.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
Lik you said what he paid for disposal is irrelevant....

Two facts - £180 and 4hrs......the rest is unknowns

180 ÷ 4 = £45......per hour

The rest is assumptions made by people on here.

Hope you enjoy your day. Merry christmas all.
If you want to believe something which is clearly and obviously untrue, go ahead.

There is no possibility whatsoever that he was paid £45 per hour he spent. None.

We don't know how long the disposal took him, or what he may have had to pay for it. But it is absolutely certain it took him some time, and unless he was breaking the law by fly-tipping, it is also certain to have cost him something.

You are determined that those must be treated as zero just because we don't know how much they were, which is just plain wrong.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

If you want to believe something which is clearly and obviously untrue, go ahead.

There is no possibility whatsoever that he was paid £45 per hour he spent. None.

We don't know how long the disposal took him, or what he may have had to pay for it. But it is absolutely certain it took him some time, and unless he was breaking the law by fly-tipping, it is also certain to have cost him something.

You are determined that those must be treated as zero just because we don't know how much they were, which is just plain wrong.
or maybe he took it home and dumped it on his compost heap, therefore costing zero, or he put in is own waste bags and left for council collection, costing zero.......all these are assumptions obviously, the same as the assumptions many are making here on how much it cost him.

it doesn't stray away from the fact he charged £180 for 4hrs work......the rest in a court of law is circumstantial.

Many on here state that £20 an hour isn't enough for gardener to make money on, yet they state it would have cost between £100 to £200 to dispose of the waste, therefore earning the gardener circa £20/hr or less......which people state would have me out of business quick sharp, if that what i would charge...again irrelevant as i wouldn't be doing other peoples gardening or charging them for it, as i have a fulltime job.

Have a nice day

OP
OP
J

jowwy

somewhat double standards...:laugh:
thats the 2nd post you made in this thread, that adds absolutely nothing to the thread.....and its probably not the only time over many threads on this forum

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
i dont call people names - so you will have to ask the other members why they start doing that. I have been involved in many hundreds of threads since becoming a member 10+yrs ago......many hundreds of them have not descended into name calling and petty fall-outs, only a few recently were people cant get involved in NACA posts and want some where else to vent their frustrations.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day
Your perception differs from mine

Some people seem to get involved in petty arguments that descend into slanging matches and some don't. This thread is ridiculously trivial but somehow it's blown up. Perhaps instead of saying it's everyone else's fault for this you should look a bit closer to home?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Your perception differs from mine

Some people seem to get involved in petty arguments that descend into slanging matches and some don't. This thread is ridiculously trivial but somehow it's blown up. Perhaps instead of saying it's everyone else's fault for this you should look a bit closer to home?
i cant change your perception...thats your perception,

its not as if theres been hundreds of posts abusing people or reported to the mods. Just a few members, none more than usual that reply to/about the poster, rather then the thread......happening more often across the whole forum since NACA has been removed and members need somewhere to blow off steam and get abusive..........reminds me of twitter users, although many members on here would have you think they dont use social media, but put up plenty of links too social media in their posts.

Have a nice day nicky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom