Gardening 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Got a nice drizzle of warm rain falling today which will help my new grass grow……and as im using ryegrass and red fescue, i could see germination in around 4 days.

jowwy

Garden has just had its second watering of the day………..probably have to do it again around 6ish

Dave 123

Legendary Member
An Allium with ideas above its station...

Hicky

Guru
Similar thing here jowwy, I've scarified my lawn, seeded and water it each night. I'm fighting a loosing battle really as next doors lawn is basically moss. I'd love to turn the lot over to level it and start again but there would be no point in the effort nor money spent. In a few years I'd be back to where I started.
I've repotted all the veg in the greenhouse and the Toms have flourished so need picking out, my lad has helped hoe and plant lots of flower seeds and Dahlias that were gifted to us, ten pots planted too. I just have one side of the bed(large) to weed and tidy. I have donated three Alders and a couple of Hollies I was growing on to the local Primary.
I'm also digging out our pond and the dogs are constantly jumping in and next year I'll have a toddlers safety to think of also....I'm not sure if thats going to the school yet.
I'll try and get some pics tonight.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Not entirely happy this morning. I've found my purple sprouting is about to sprout - at 6" tall. Never had this bolt before.

I have wooly aphid in a well established box hedge. Anyone with experience of successful treatment?

jowwy

Not entirely happy this morning. I've found my purple sprouting is about to sprout - at 6" tall. Never had this bolt before.

I have wooly aphid in a well established box hedge. Anyone with experience of successful treatment?
no experience on the aphid........gutted on the purple sprouted, its my first time of growing them this year, so they not established for me yet

but i did just cut my 1st clump of rip and regrow lettuce

jowwy

All growing nicely now and its only day 8 since i seeded it all

Dave 123

Legendary Member

The only way I ever found was to just keep blasting it with a hose on very high pressure, repeatedly. I’m ll knock out the dodgy foliage too!

jowwy

As we had a lil bit of rain forecast, it was the ideal time to give the topsoil and new grass a lil rake over and then add some new seed and topsoil to the bare patches, its looking real good and should look like a full lawn in about 2/3wks……….

pawl

Legendary Member

I also had woolly aphid on my box Blasted them off with hose set on jet.

Hicky

Guru
Gardening gurus....my roses have what seems like whitefly and aphids. I’m reluctant to use anything as there’s plenty of songbirds etc so I hope they have a feast or am I better off using a soap solution sprayed on?

jowwy

Gardening gurus....my roses have what seems like whitefly and aphids. I’m reluctant to use anything as there’s plenty of songbirds etc so I hope they have a feast or am I better off using a soap solution sprayed on?
Spray with the soap solution and get rid asap……

Top Bottom