Gardening 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
lol every orange tree I see for sale is tiny though.

https://www.crosscommonnursery.co.uk/citrus-and-tropical-fruits/

Other nurseries are available. I think I'd go for a blood orange tree and a Meyer lemon. And a variegated calamondin.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Beans are starting to like through the soil .

IMG_20220424_164853254.jpg

OP
OP
Hicky

Hicky

Guru
Well in sunny Rochdale we’re due a 1deg overnight. I’ve moved everything into the centre of the greenhouse and am hoping the dahlias don’t die off. I’ve got a potted Hydrangea that’s looking a little sad already with black tips on its leaves…bugger!
However the gladioli I’ve put in at varied dates seems to be very successful.
Having cleared many weeds the dwarf rhododendron is looking fab next to the normal sized one….

Attachments

• 4774B001-1033-43CA-B3EA-FC0D40B38345.jpeg
    4774B001-1033-43CA-B3EA-FC0D40B38345.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 3

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Well in sunny Rochdale we’re due a 1deg overnight. I’ve moved everything into the centre of the greenhouse and am hoping the dahlias don’t die off. I’ve got a potted Hydrangea that’s looking a little sad already with black tips on its leaves…bugger!
However the gladioli I’ve put in at varied dates seems to be very successful.
Having cleared many weeds the dwarf rhododendron is looking fab next to the normal sized one….

Here in Glossop so similar climate. Every spring our Pieris puts on a great display, only for 9/10 of the time to get blasted by a late frost, resulting in shrivelled, brown new leaves. It always has another go, but it is never as attractive as the first go

OP
OP
Hicky

Hicky

Guru
Here in Glossop so similar climate. Every spring our Pieris puts on a great display, only for 9/10 of the time to get blasted by a late frost, resulting in shrivelled, brown new leaves. It always has another go, but it is never as attractive as the first go

We have a mature Pieris in the garden, it's my favourite shrub. We have a similar situation however it is sheltered to a degree. I love the leave colour change.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
First asparagus of the year. Food miles - about thirty feet. :hungry::hungry:

View attachment 642487

Yes, I'll be cutting this afternoon for the first time this season. Chicken and asparagus risotto for us tonight. This is the earliest I've cut from this bed which must be 10-12 years old now. Productivity started to decline three years ago so I put in a new bed which I hope will do well this year. I deliberately chose late varieties for this new bed. We will see. 🤔

I

Been off this past week so much work in the garden(lugging bark and gravel about!)and it's not looking too shabby at the mo;

IMG_2532.jpeg

IMG_2528.jpeg

IMG_2533.jpeg

IMG_2500.jpeg

IMG_2506.jpeg

Plus a new mini tree fern addition;

IMG_2536.jpeg

Still more plants to get and have been scouring plant nurseries online; in other news most veg looking good and plenty of seeds sown and plants coming on, very quickly running out of room!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Elybazza61 that is a beautiful garden. Congratulations. 👏

May I ask? It looks as though you have a lot packed into quite a small area? Where are you gardening? In the south-west or do you simply have a very good, well protected aspect?

Top Bottom