Gardening 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

IMG_20220516_120928_HDR.jpg

I've a small money plant on the kitchen windowsill, a few weeks ago I noticed it had dropped a leaf, this morning I noticed its growing a new plant from the dropped leaf.

IMG_20220516_121009_HDR.jpg

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
@PaulSB @JtB

I have the Stihl battery tools and I love them.
N noise, no fumes and all my customers have a power source I can access!

I bought a chainsaw, a combi with brushcutter hedge trimmer and chainsaw on a stick plus the 1 metre extension bar, a rotary mower and a blower.

The blower really drains the battery, but I knew that.

One massive advantage is that I can start using a machine very early and not annoy everyone!

Yes, the petrol engine is rather noisy and smelly. Also, I shouldn’t really be using petrol tools as apparently they can interfere with pacemakers, but I’ve not experienced any issues (so far).

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Yes, the petrol engine is rather noisy and smelly. Also, I shouldn’t really be using petrol tools as apparently they can interfere with pacemakers, but I’ve not experienced any issues (so far).
Your better off with a petrol over a battery mower. The possibility of electric shock from the battery powered machines would be fatal for a pacemaker fitted individual.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@PaulSB @JtB

I have the Stihl battery tools and I love them.
N noise, no fumes and all my customers have a power source I can access!

I bought a chainsaw, a combi with brushcutter hedge trimmer and chainsaw on a stick plus the 1 metre extension bar, a rotary mower and a blower.

The blower really drains the battery, but I knew that.

One massive advantage is that I can start using a machine very early and not annoy everyone!

I find the blower literally does give the offered 20 minutes run time which is not long enough to clear my allotment in autumn/winter in one go. I can't justify a second battery but with a larger garden or allotment would want one.

The chainsaw easily lasts for a morning's logging, splitting and stacking. Recharge at lunchtime and ready for the afternoon. I've yet to encounter a girth it won't cut provided one works carefully. The strimmer easily handles the garden and allotment. The instant on/off for any battery tool is a big safety benefit.

At the local dealership I noticed there is now a mower. I don't need a new one but I'll consider this when I do. My one question is if it would be robust enough? I have grass rather than a lawn!!!! 😃

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I find the blower literally does give the offered 20 minutes run time which is not long enough to clear my allotment in autumn/winter in one go. I can't justify a second battery but with a larger garden or allotment would want one.

The chainsaw easily lasts for a morning's logging, splitting and stacking. Recharge at lunchtime and ready for the afternoon. I've yet to encounter a girth it won't cut provided one works carefully. The strimmer easily handles the garden and allotment. The instant on/off for any battery tool is a big safety benefit.

At the local dealership I noticed there is now a mower. I don't need a new one but I'll consider this when I do. My one question is if it would be robust enough? I have grass rather than a lawn!!!! 😃

Batteries- I have the 200 & 300.

The mower is fantastic. It’s very quiet, I can listen to a podcast when mowing. The adjustment is simple, a squeeze handle adjustment up and down. Above the battery compartment is a compartment for a spare. On the 300 battery I can mow for about an hour and a half.
The grass box opens like a hinged clam shell.

I’ve used all sorts of mowers in my time and this is as good quality wise as the best petrol ones I’ve used.

Another point I didn’t make was not carrying/mixing fuel-👍🏻

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Not got any pics I'm afraid, but I bought a wire wheel attachment for my strimmer, it's about 6 inches wide. I was sceptical at first, as I thought it would just be a spinning leg-cutter. But I did all the edging stones on my partner's lawn at the weekend and it looks fabulous. Nice to use as well once you get the angle right.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
July....
20220720_072857.jpg

20220720_072909.jpg

20220720_072931.jpg

Attachments

• 20220626_145108.jpg
    20220626_145108.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 4

Sharky

Guru
Keep getting emails from the water board to conserve water, so have stopped using the hose to water the garden. Grass has gone yellow, but I'm sure it will survive, but some of the pot plants look distressed.

Have started throwing waste water from the kitchen bowl over the plants. Is this a good idea? Sometimes the water is a little soapy from washing up. Will it harm the plants?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Sharky it's a very good idea and shouldn't cause a problem. My one piece of advice would be to pour the water directly on to the compost surface and avoid contact with the foliage.

Foliage contact won't be a problem but you could get a build up of detergent etc. which might be visually unappealing and I suppose could be a long-term issue.

D

Deleted member 1258

Keep getting emails from the water board to conserve water, so have stopped using the hose to water the garden. Grass has gone yellow, but I'm sure it will survive, but some of the pot plants look distressed.

Have started throwing waste water from the kitchen bowl over the plants. Is this a good idea? Sometimes the water is a little soapy from washing up. Will it harm the plants?

Or you can get a Water Butt and a Watering Can, once its rained you can start using rain water till the Butt runs dry, the grass will come back, mine already is.

Top Bottom