Gardening 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A Pak Choi question..
Growing nicely but some are starting to flower. Should I pick & eat these ones first?

DSC_3066.JPG

tom73

Guru
A Pak Choi question..
Growing nicely but some are starting to flower. Should I pick & eat these ones first?

View attachment 696449

Yes they are starting to bolt so bet to get them used up before they go over completely.
They have a tendency to bolt, early and late sowings can help with it. In the current wether keep the watering up as that helps generally with bolting many vegetables.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yes they are starting to bolt so bet to get them used up before they go over completely.
They have a tendency to bolt, early and late sowings can help with it. In the current wether keep the watering up as that helps generally with bolting many vegetables.

Cheers, I thought so. I'll eat a lot, give some to neighbours & freeze the rest.

Gunk

Guru
We planted some laurel a few years but because it is behind a south facing fence it just hasn’t got going. The fence was a post and rail which the previous owner covered in feather board. Today I removed all the boarding. Only took about an hour.

IMG_2917.jpeg

Pleased with the results, should have done it years ago!

IMG_1675.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1258

We planted some laurel a few years but because it is behind a south facing fence it just hasn’t got going. The fence was a post and rail which the previous owner covered in feather board. Today I removed all the boarding. Only took about an hour.

View attachment 698055

Pleased with the results, should have done it years ago!

View attachment 698054

That looks better without the feather board.

postman

Legendary Member
Todays spuds were incredible.Out of the sack into the pot and on to a plate within a few hours,what a taste.

Top Bottom