Gardening 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member

Attachments

• 20230721_103839.jpg
    20230721_103839.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 4

Jody

Stubborn git
Nice healthy looking plants PK!

Gunk

Guru
Spent a very pleasant couple of hours this morning, popped down to the local shops on my Brompton and picked up some pastries and then tackled the garden with Mrs G, cut the grass, weeded and trimmed the tall shrubs, even cleaned the mower. Now enjoying a well deserved cup of Earl Grey

IMG_1725.jpeg

IMG_1727.jpeg

IMG_1726.jpeg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Re positioned 2 self seeded tomato plants to make room for the spring broccoli plants that needed to go under the netting.

Picked another pot of blueberries when I cleared them what fruit is left on them the birds can have.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Is it a really good year for raspberries? I only have two summer fruiting bushes both in pots but I've been picking fruit daily for a couple of weeks now. And there are more to come.

Raspberries are my favourite summer fruit so it's the highlight of my year so far. I wish I'd weighed them as I must've eaten a few pounds by now :biggrin: And fingers crossed the autumn fruiting bush does well too.

Are other people getting good crops?

Mind my hanging basket strawberries are rubbish. They barely have leaves never mind fruit.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Half hour spent doing some weeding and picking up bird seed from under the feeder.
Looking after a garden is a job creation scheme in disguise

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Picked a load of blackberries and still more yet to ripen. The wasps have had a fair few, but not like last year when they took the lot. This year I have left the new shoots (which carry next years fruit) to one side instead of tying them in, which seems to have helped.
I had loads of gooseberries and tayberries earlier.
Picked the chokeberries from a bush in a pot. I still have another one to pick yet.

Other things not so great. Broad beans were OK but other seeds germinated, but then just sat there. I'd be surprised if I get a crop from my sweetcorn, as they are still way off where I'd expect them to be.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Is it a really good year for raspberries? I only have two summer fruiting bushes both in pots but I've been picking fruit daily for a couple of weeks now. And there are more to come.

Raspberries are my favourite summer fruit so it's the highlight of my year so far. I wish I'd weighed them as I must've eaten a few pounds by now :biggrin: And fingers crossed the autumn fruiting bush does well too.

Are other people getting good crops?

Mind my hanging basket strawberries are rubbish. They barely have leaves never mind fruit.

See above. Soft fruit has been good for me this year.

OP
OP
R

Red17

Veteran
I had a surplus of spider plants last year so stuck a load in the garden as bedding.

Just been doing a bit of weeding and noticed that a couple have managed to overwinter despite the frost and snow.

Attachments

• IMG_20230804_170958.jpg
    IMG_20230804_170958.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom