Gardening question - moss in lawn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I think it is the sand that makes the difference. Increasing airflow and improving drainage will allow the grass to naturally out compete the moss. Filling in the new drainage holes with sand will keep everything better draining for much longer.
I cored my lawn twice last year and looking to do the same this year, as it made a huge difference.

slowwww

Veteran
I'm surprised no ones suggested peeing on the grass as a solution yet. I believe this was a major topic of conversation in another thread a few weeks ago :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I've had to stop this even if I do it once it's dark as the neighbours have started recognising my 'hand-writing' !! :crazy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
Do what the bloke opposite me did .Laid synthetic grass or whatever it’s called.Looks bloody horrible.

Bloke round the corners done that on his front lawn and you're right, it looks bloody awful.

Another bloke the other way has installed a green plastic fence in the front. You can't miss what it is, i.e. green and plastic. Also looks bloody awful. You can see people sitting in their cars at the traffic lights outside pointing and laughing.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Scarify the mossy patches. I use this gang...

005.jpg

If their feed is scattered on the mossy patches they rake about looking for it.

The lawn looks great but the rest of the garden gets trashed.

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
And after they've sorted out your lawn, you can eat them. What's not to like?

Top Bottom