Garmin 520 stopped displaying calls or texts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mynydd

Veteran
Hi,
Anyone else got this issue? Ive had a Garmin 520 for a few months, initially it was fine and call alerts, and texts were readable on screen.
a few software updates back they stopped working. I assumed they'd fix it, but is still not working after the latest update.
I've looked online but cant find anything. everything else is great, but being able to read texts was one of the reasons for buying the thing!
thanks

Lpoolck

Veteran
Have you paired you phone again and also made sure you have the selection ticked for calls and texts alerts on the Garmin? The update may have reset the see.

OP
OP
mynydd

mynydd

Veteran
Yes, I've re paired the phone. Can't find any settings on the garmin for text alerts though, any idea where to look?
Thanks

OP
OP
mynydd

mynydd

Veteran
Thanks, that's what I thought but strangely I didnt have the option. On further fiddling I realised that garmin had changed the device name and despite saying it was connected to the phone it wasn't properly. All resolved now, I hope.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Thanks, that's what I thought but strangely I didnt have the option. On further fiddling I realised that garmin had changed the device name and despite saying it was connected to the phone it wasn't properly. All resolved now, I hope.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
OK, well I'm glad you managed to sort it. There are few things worse that misbehaving gadgetry, grrr... :cursing:

OP
OP
mynydd

mynydd

Veteran
Despite doing the above, I went out for a long ride yesterday and missed a load of texts and calls, as it's still not working! The phone us connecting, as I synch with strava via it. But despite having text and call alerts enabled, they're not coming through. Any further suggestions?
Thanks

Ajax Bay

Guru
How has your life been adversely affected by "miss[ing] a load of texts and calls" while out enjoying a ride on your bike. Anyway, can't your hear the phone go off or the audible alert of a text from the phone itself?

OP
OP
mynydd

mynydd

Veteran
@Ajax Bay I get your point, and generally ride with phone switched off, however current circumstances mean I need to be able to be contacted. If I hear the phone ringing it makes me stop mid ride, however with call alert working I know who is calling and can choose to ignore it :becool:

Anyway, it annoys me when something doesn't do what it's supposed to do :angry:

Top Bottom