Garmin 800 ,Giant ridesense problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David5416

Über Member
I have just bought a Giant Propel advanced pro with the built in ridesense. I have paired my Garmin 800 with the sensor for cadence and speed as the manual says but the readouts are intermittent at best and keep dropping out. I have changed the cadence magnet to a rare earth magnet and even changed the sensor battery even though it is brand new, I have done a hard reset on the Garmin but it still happens.

It is driving me mad now any help would be greatly appreciated.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
They seem to be extremely sensitive to magnet position. I had a hell of a job getting mine working but once it was set up it's missed a beat. Just as a matter of interest are you riding it or just spinning the cranks to watch the LEDs? The LEDs were intermittent on mine even when the head unit was reading perfectly.

OP
OP
David5416

David5416

Über Member
They seem to be extremely sensitive to magnet position. I had a hell of a job getting mine working but once it was set up it's missed a beat. Just as a matter of interest are you riding it or just spinning the cranks to watch the LEDs? The LEDs were intermittent on mine even when the head unit was reading perfectly.
Thanks for the reply, I am riding the bike. The speed just drops off, that said I tried it without the wheel magnet the other day to use the GPS only for the speed and it did the same. I was thinking it was the Garmin itself then.
I get the 10 lights blinking then they stop as per the manual so all looks good but then after the problems start.
Does the wheel magnet need to be in a certain place along the ridesense unit ? and will the fact I am not using the supplied magnet affect it (although I cannot see why this should )

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Never had a problem with it on my TCR . I was told to remove my wheel magnet by one of my LBS staff as it could cause problems with the garmin but ive left it on and not had any problems .

Top Bottom