garmin 810 & strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Party is derived from the French (partir) and is not limited to persons!

It can be used (as in this case) to describe a part of a whole..that which is divided, a part, or portion ... or party

The three pieces here are all part of the whole and "party" to the information exchange.
What is the difference between 1 and 2

1. Connecting your garmin to a computer and uploading it to strava/garmin connect
  2. Connecting your garmin to a phone and uploading it to strava/garmin connect

What is the difference between 1 and 2
  1. Connecting your garmin to a computer and uploading it to strava/garmin connect
  2. Connecting your garmin to a phone and uploading it to strava/garmin connect

In case 2 you have failed to complete the aim which is to get the files to Strava..............they are still on Garmin Connect?

In case 1 you have used Strava software, or possibly GarminSync to automatically update, and then deleted this third party in case 2. As a result you have been unable to get the files to Strava

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
In case 2 you have failed to complete the aim which is to get the files to Strava..............they are still on Garmin Connect?

In case 1 you have used Strava software, or possibly GarminSync to automatically update, and then deleted this third party in case 2. As a result you have been unable to get the files to Strava
When you plug your garmin into your computer, you upload the ride to strava in the same way as you upload it to garmin connect. There is no third party to delete.

Edit (adding more)

You originally said:
Is this a misunderstanding?

Both will download to a PC , but the 810 will upload via Bluetooth. I do not use Strava, but looking at the forums it appears that the Strava Apps cannot communicate with the 810 directly

So the 810 cannot upload to Strava directly............

Here you presumed that uploading directly can only be done via connecting your garmin to your phone via bluetooth and then using a garmin app on the phone to upload your ride data via your phone to garmin connect. Which is technically more complicated/steps and uses more parties than plugging it into your computer, going to garmin connect / strava and uploading from there using your computers internet connection.

So technically a direct upload, being the shortest route, is actually plugging it in via the computer ;)

Norry1

Legendary Member
Have to say this thread is making me smile ....

After initial doubts, I really like my 800 and prefer it to the 705. If someone offrered me a free swap to an 810, I would probably take it but wouldn't pay extra for the privilege

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Pleased with it Gaz?
No. Still got issues with taking ages to pick up a signal (in an open area) and it keeps loosing signal randomly. However I think both of these are down to where I have positioned it (the left side is slightly under my light and when I removed my light it worked fine).
I have purchased an out front mount which I will test later and see if I get the same issues.

Apart from that, test I am happy with the 800.

400bhp

Guru
No. Still got issues with taking ages to pick up a signal (in an open area) and it keeps loosing signal randomly. However I think both of these are down to where I have positioned it (the left side is slightly under my light and when I removed my light it worked fine).
I have purchased an out front mount which I will test later and see if I get the same issues.

lOsing.

It's driving me nuts, sorry.

Reactions: gaz

400bhp

Guru
Have to say this thread is making me smile ....

After initial doubts, I really like my 800 and prefer it to the 705. If someone offrered me a free swap to an 810, I would probably take it but wouldn't pay extra for the privilege

But but but...do you upload it though a TARDIS? :whistle:

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Is this a spelling test?

If so, well done, you spelt "care" correct. Assuming you were trying to spell care of course. :whistle: :evil:
I thought that might not be understood so I edited my post :P

In any case, I shall explain, it's used to say I don't care, but in such a way that I care so little that I don't care about not saying I don't. :laugh:

Andrew_P

In between here and there

So you didn't need to replace the 705! Loosing the reception looks like it was down to mountain issue, my best advise is to us the out front mount.

Speiling errors just to wind up 400bhp, which surely should read 400BHP, if one was to display it correctly! ^_^

Top Bottom