garmin 810 & strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When you plug your garmin into your computer, you upload the ride to strava in the same way as you upload it to garmin connect. There is no third party to delete.

and there was methinking that putting a line ( striking through) a word was as a convention removing it!

Edit (adding more)

You originally said:

Here you presumed that uploading directly can only be done via connecting your garmin to your phone via bluetooth and then using a garmin app on the phone to upload your ride data via your phone to garmin connect. Which is technically more complicated/steps and uses more parties than plugging it into your computer, going to garmin connect / strava and uploading from there using your computers internet connection.

So technically a direct upload, being the shortest route, is actually plugging it in via the computer ;)

Not the case the sentence was using Bluetooth... The rest is your presumption.. It may be a surprise to you, but many computers use this technology

As for the shortest route , pressing the start / stop button and achieving everything does seem to me simpler than plugging it into a computer and then manually moving files, but you are entitled to think that is simpler if you wish

I see you have no understanding of how the technology works, I'm out!

That is laughable....

I can achieve with one key press on the Garmin what you are doing with a physical connection to a computer and uploading to a third party .. and as a bonus I am using the live track facility and the weather facility - yet I don't understand the technology!

:rofl:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I use a garmin so I don't have to take a phone with me on my ride. Which is more direct then? Going home and connecting it to my phone via bluetooth, launching an app and then transferring or plugging it into the computer?
:laugh: :bravo: :hello:

I use a garmin so I don't have to take a phone with me on my ride. Which is more direct then? Going home and connecting it to my phone via bluetooth, launching an app and then transferring or plugging it into the computer?

........ Your choice, the most direct is still to press the Stop button and have it all happen seamlessly

david k

Hi
i never really got the advantage of having to take out a phone and your garmin and make sure they sync? you could just take the phone?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
For the benefit of anyone with an 810 or thinking of buying one, the latest firmware release 2.4 has been released and states that the following improvements have been made:

Improved power data recording.
Added support for TCX courses.
Added support for heart rate graph data field.
Added Training Plans support.
Improved elevation recording.
Improved elevation page visibility.
Fixed 30 second vertical speed average data field.
Fixed issue with phone connections.
Improved compass page.
Updated power zone defaults and added functionality to reset to default values.
Restricted a software update from taking place if the battery is below 10% capacity.
Added press and hold shortcuts to bike and activity profiles from the home screen.
Added weather icon to Connections page.
Updated translations.

I will be able to confirm the state of affairs with regards to the power meter data recording later this evening.

To anyone with a device, please be aware the device may become unstable after updating (quite a few reports on the Garmin support forums), you should backup your user data 1st*. Do the update using the web updater, when complete, do not search for additional updates (you can do this later, but NOT now), instead hit cancel and turn the device on, the update will be applied. From this point on, your device may be okay, but in some cases it will crash/turn off as soon as it loads into the home screen. To resolve this, do a factory reset (hold your finger in the top left of the screen while turning on the unit), select okay to go ahead with the reset. Go through the setup process quickly, just keep hitting next, don't bother entering details as you will over write them all shortly. Once the factory reset is complete, turn the unit off. Plug it into your pc and restore the user settings*. Turn the unit back on! It should now be fully functioning with all of your user settings intact.

* For details on backing up and restoring user settings refer to the following: http://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={87d71a10-4ac5-11e2-e8a7-000000000000}

400bhp

Guru
For the benefit of anyone with an 810 or thinking of buying one, the latest firmware release 2.4 has been released and states that the following improvements have been made:

I will be able to confirm the state of affairs with regards to the power meter data recording later this evening.

To anyone with a device, please be aware the device will in most cases become unstable after updating, you should backup your user data 1st*. Do the update using the web updater, then complete, do not search for additional updates, instead hit cancel and turn the device on, the update will be applied. From this point on, your device may be okay, but in most cases it will crash/turn off as soon as it loads into the home screen. To resolve this, do a factory reset (hold your finger in the top left of the screen while turning on the unit), select okay to go ahead with the reset. Go through the setup process quickly, just keep hitting next, don't bother entering details as you will over write them all shortly. Once the factory reset is complete, turn the unit off. Plug it into your pc and restore the user settings*. Turn the unit back on! It should now be fully functioning with all of your user settings intact.

* For details on backing up and restoring user settings refer to the following: http://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={87d71a10-4ac5-11e2-e8a7-000000000000}

But but is it a 3rd party? :whistle:

Reactions: gaz

Robeh

To anyone with a device, please be aware the device may become unstable after updating (quite a few reports on the Garmin support forums), you should backup your user data 1st*. Do the update using the web updater, when complete, do not search for additional updates (you can do this later, but NOT now), instead hit cancel and turn the device on, the update will be applied. From this point on, your device may be okay, but in some cases it will crash/turn off as soon as it loads into the home screen. To resolve this, do a factory reset (hold your finger in the top left of the screen while turning on the unit), select okay to go ahead with the reset. Go through the setup process quickly, just keep hitting next, don't bother entering details as you will over write them all shortly. Once the factory reset is complete, turn the unit off. Plug it into your pc and restore the user settings*. Turn the unit back on! It should now be fully functioning with all of your user settings intact.

Just did the update worked a treat..thanks for the info..

Top Bottom