Garmin and Strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sturmey_Hub

Über Member
Can anyone advise me please. Even though my Garmin account states that it is synced to Strava, it is not updating on Strava. Of course, I only have the 'free' version of Strava.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Have you tried deleting the Garmin Connect approvals from Strava and then re-entering them?

vickster

Legendary Member
Try factory resetting the Garmin and starting from scratch? All assuming you’ve tried Garmin and / or Strava help?

OP
OP
Sturmey_Hub

Sturmey_Hub

Über Member
Try uninstalling the app?
what happens if you use a cable and upload to laptop rather than app?
how long has it been happening for?
I do use a cable and computer. It's uploaded to Garmin connect - hence I'm quite certain it's not the device. Garmin connect is also updated.
Perhaps I'm the only one left who connects his device to s computer.

vickster

Legendary Member
I do use a cable and computer. It's uploaded to Garmin connect - hence I'm quite certain it's not the device. Garmin connect is also updated.
Perhaps I'm the only one left who connects his device to s computer.
Depends what device it is, the older ones didn’t have Bluetooth. I’d contact Garmin and Strava help desks (maybe you need an update or something?)

Buck

Guru
Are you logged into both with the same ID / email account?

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes - and it used to be o.k. it was around last April time when it stopped syncing.
firmware issue?
I had an issue with an old 800 syncing, was down to a dodgy cable. Get a new genuine Garmin one maybe, see if that helps? Otherwise might be a fubared Garmin. What model is it?
Can you upload and download routes etc to it?

Buck

Guru
As @vickster says, check you are not he latest firmware.

Also, I would suggest uninstalling Garmin Connect and reinstalling a fresh copy and then try resynching.

I've had it with different software that synchs between various devices that they effectively get out of synch and no matter what you do, they don't talk to each other. It may be a corrupt file or an old cookie on your computer.

As long as you know your password, uninstalling should not be an issue.

jpj84

Veteran
I'm pretty sure this isn't a device/firmware issue. If the activities are getting onto Garmin Connect, then the device itself is out of the loop - the Garmin to Strava api is failing...somehow.

It's worth checking at both ends (garmin and Strava) - have you changed passwords on either, and failed to update?

Top Bottom