Garmin Cadence Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pretty expensive cadence sensor :laugh:

Suprisingly enough, it does few other things too !! :laugh:

It's no so much for security as for the looks. Don't get me wrong, I know non of this matters in terms of making me faster or the ride more enjoyable, I just look at it and think it looks messy.
I wonder if you could get some clear bands or use fishing line. None of the double sided tape I've ever bought would hold it on. Apart from that I think you might have to get used to it.

bpsmith

Veteran
But it was neater with the small round magnet attached to the pedal end instead of the sensor fastened on with the cable, I think the hub mounted speed sensor is neater than the chainstay and spoke magnet though.

The black round thing is the magnet.

View attachment 373042
I do believe that isn't quite what Shimano offered. The following is the "elegant" kit.

Attachments

• IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0597.JPG
    IMG_0597.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 63

Venod

Eh up
I do believe that isn't quite what Shimano offered. The following is the "elegant" kit.
Yes I know, I was pointing out it was neater with the alternative third party little round magnet and agreeing that the new hub based sensor is neater than the stay mounted one, and its Garmin Kit not Shimano.

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Yeah, like I said, I'm just being a tart :smile:
I've finally forked out and bought a new bike with an Ultegra group set (not that my riding ability will benefit from it at all lol) and it seems a shame to have the 3 rubber bands showing.
The pedal arm with the built in power meter might be my only option :smile: I've always wanted one of those too but struggle to justify the price given that I'm hardly at a competition level :sad:

bpsmith

Veteran
Yes I know, I was pointing out it was neater with the alternative third party little round magnet and agreeing that the new hub based sensor is neater than the stay mounted one, and its Garmin Kit not Shimano.
Touché on the Shimano point, my mistake. :smile:

Not quite in the same league as deliberately showing a picture that doesn't match the product being discussed.

Top Bottom