Garmin Connect Down - And made me think...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have an email domain & everybody I sign up with I their name as the email at my domain, so strava@mydomain.com garminconnect@mydomain.com cyclechat@mydoamin.com that way if I start to get any spam I know exactly where it comes from.
I think I would take that one step further to prevent anybody guessing one of the addresses, so something like:

strava_1346_fish@mydomain.com, garminconnect_8862_rats@mydomain.com...

It's a good idea though. Forward to realaddress_1497_neverguess!$$this@mydomain.com. If any spam starts coming to strava_1346_fish then kill that address and never do business with the spam-facilitators again.

dodgy

That probably explains a lot.

Happens a lot, but for perhaps not obvious reasons. They will already have a security dept, no doubt. But now they want to increase the size, they need more Cyber Engineers II grades, but they already pay that grade a certain amount. If they bring in a new guy who is well qualified, he will want market rate for his skills, but the company will go "but Cyber Engineer II gets $x" and can't hire them as they can't compete.

Needs a radical rethink and strong leadership, not sure who their CISO is.

The website is back and running and so is the app as it uploaded a ride to strava yesterday.The only thing is that on the app i am still getting the message "sorry we're down for maintenance .Check back shortly.
I suppose once their fully up to speed the message will disappear?

Reactions: C R

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
tried using the garmin route planner yesterday as i am trying no to subscribe to strava as its been very tight here after the furlough and i cant really tell themrs im blowing the best part of £50 so i can plan routes but the garmin one keeps routing me very oddly .I can be following a road with follow road option on and all of a sudden it will send me on a detour of up to miles to gt to the other route point ? I am talking main roads too its very odd .

C R

Guru
tried using the garmin route planner yesterday as i am trying no to subscribe to strava as its been very tight here after the furlough and i cant really tell themrs im blowing the best part of £50 so i can plan routes but the garmin one keeps routing me very oddly .I can be following a road with follow road option on and all of a sudden it will send me on a detour of up to miles to gt to the other route point ? I am talking main roads too its very odd .
I had the same experience, and gave up, just use google maps.

si_c

Guru
The website is back and running and so is the app as it uploaded a ride to strava yesterday.The only thing is that on the app i am still getting the message "sorry we're down for maintenance .Check back shortly.
I suppose once their fully up to speed the message will disappear?
I swiped it right(?) to clear it and it no longer appears for me.

Top Bottom