Garmin Connect Down - And made me think...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
tried using the garmin route planner yesterday as i am trying no to subscribe to strava as its been very tight here after the furlough and i cant really tell themrs im blowing the best part of £50 so i can plan routes but the garmin one keeps routing me very oddly .I can be following a road with follow road option on and all of a sudden it will send me on a detour of up to miles to gt to the other route point ? I am talking main roads too its very odd .
Aha! Don't tell her it's to plan routes, tell her about Strava Beacon and how it'll help reassure her that you're safe - that's the selling point for Mrs C.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Aha! Don't tell her it's to plan routes, tell her about Strava Beacon and how it'll help reassure her that you're safe - that's the selling point for Mrs C.
i dont use strava app and mrs ck is tech illeterate , i had to show her how to send a text on her new phone even though it had exactly the same OS

si_c

Guru
i dont use strava app and mrs ck is tech illeterate , i had to show her how to send a text on her new phone even though it had exactly the same OS
You don't actually need to use the app, if you have a recent Garmin or wahoo head unit you can connect them and your Garmin will activate the beacon. You do need your phone on you and Garmin connect installed for it to work.

It just sends a text with a weblink you can follow. Of course that may not be a selling point for some, my Dad got confused why I was sending him maps when I was testing it.

rivers

How far can I go?
tried using the garmin route planner yesterday as i am trying no to subscribe to strava as its been very tight here after the furlough and i cant really tell themrs im blowing the best part of £50 so i can plan routes but the garmin one keeps routing me very oddly .I can be following a road with follow road option on and all of a sudden it will send me on a detour of up to miles to gt to the other route point ? I am talking main roads too its very odd .

The free ridewithgps is a wonder for route planning

gazza81

Über Member
Yup, was playing up over the weekend. Seemed fine yesterday.
Yeah mine was dodgy day before yesterday, seemed ok yesterday but gone all wonky again today.
Not recorded sleep from 12 midnight, body battery decreasing really fast

Top Bottom