Garmin Edge 1000 - Di2 Sync problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyxBennett

Hi All

Im having problems syncing my Garmin Edge 1000 to Di2...

It seems like a straight fwd process; switch garmin on, go to setup; select sensors then Di2, operate gears (as per the instructions) and hey presto.... nothing.

Has anybody had the same / similar problems and what did you do to remedy the problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Are you expecting to see your gear selection/Di2 battery charge?

Do you have one of these installed?
Shimano-SM-EWW01-Wireless-unit-for-E-tube-Di2-Groupsets-and-Build-kits-SMEWW01.jpg

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
As Bollo says - you need to have the Shimano Di2 sensor fitted. Mine cost around £60. Once fitted, you need to have the bike hooked up to a PC to configure the system with regard to what chain set and cassette ratios you are running. The set up will run without configuration, but your gear ratios will not read out correctly.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not a Di2 fan then, eh?

It was bad enough fitting a GSC10 and a Garmin (neither are small) to my bikes. I think it's great, but that's another 'lump' - does it replace the Garmin sensor?

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
It was bad enough fitting a GSC10 and a Garmin (neither are small) to my bikes. I think it's great, but that's another 'lump' - does it replace the Garmin sensor?
It is in addition to the seperate speed and cadence sensors; however, I'm reliably informed that the gear sensor can be fitted internally if required.

U

User33236

I fitted mine inside the seat tube. It doesn't replace the Garmin sensor but relays gear and battery data from Di2 to my Garmin.

U

User33236

It allows you to collect and display mire (useless? Lol) data such as how much time you spend in which gear.

2016-03-14 09.06.56.png

Top Bottom