Garmin Edge 205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes you can, though it's a line or breadcrumb trail.
You can either do as a course which basically follows the route without turn by turn or waymarkings or you can load up a route where it beeps at the waypoints ie left or right.

Check out Frank Kinlans site for a better explanation at how to use the mapping

As Ian said, yes. I have the 305 and use bikehike. You add coursepoints to bikehike and then load the route to your Garmin. The site Ian recommends covers it pretty well and I made a few observations here.

OP
OP
jeltz

jeltz

Veteran
Thanks I have a some pretty good (free) mapping software on my PDA which can be carried as a backup if I get lost, but don't fancy the idea of trying to mount the PDA on my bike and its hard to read in direct sunlight anyway.

Naive Question Time

Well, "naive" sounds so much better than "stupid" ..

How does the Forerunner 205 compare to the Edge 205? Is it the same basic box packaged / mounted differently, or are there significant differences between them in terms of functionality?

I'm toying with the idea of getting Mrs-LC a Forerunner 205 for Christmas for her running, but quite like the idea of loading routes on for family walks and bike rides ..

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Depending on the length of the ride, there's a lot to be said for the Etrex range. AA batteries are in plentiful supply.

Top Bottom