Garmin Edge 800 speed/cadence sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
United Kingdom

For all of United Kingdom users and customers in unlisted countries in Europe, Africa and Middle East
Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM - 17:30 PM Western European Time (GMT/UTC)
Phone (freephone from UK landline): 0808 238 0000
Phone (within UK): 0870 850 1242
Phone (outside UK): +44 870 850 1242

Gary E

Veteran
Do you know anyone with the sensor on their bike?

If you could borrow it for a while you'd soon be able confirm/rule out the sensor.

Just to add to this post which I found useful yesterday...

My GSC 10 stopped reading speed (cadence was fine) this week. It is under a year old. I was irritated with all the forms on the Garmin customer support page, so phoned them this morning. Within 10 minutes of making the call, I had an email saying that a new GSC 10 unit was on its way to me.

I may be speaking too soon - I should probably wait until the new unit has arrived - but I thought that was very impressive customer service.

Gary E

Veteran
I honestly think that you get what you pay for. They're not the cheapest bike accessory but the customer service means you buy with confidence (god I sound like an advert :laugh: ).

I was so impressed with my 705 I bought an 800 for my 2nd bike (yes I know you can swap them over, what can I say? I'm a tart!)

stu1903

Über Member
I honestly think that you get what you pay for. They're not the cheapest bike accessory but the customer service means you buy with confidence (god I sound like an advert :laugh: ).

I was so impressed with my 705 I bought an 800 for my 2nd bike (yes I know you can swap them over, what can I say? I'm a tart!)

A rich tart!

Gary E

Veteran
I wish! I sold some fishing gear to fund it.

Ever since I started this cycling lark my fishing gear has been gathering more and more dust :wacko:

Gary E

Veteran
No!
I'm trying to de-tox and get the spending bug out of my system. It's quite difficult because there's always something else you need for this cycling lark.

Strangely enough, once I'm out on the bike that feeling just goes away and to quote some bloke called Armstrong - It's not about the bike.

The Garmins where just bought to make up for a genetic flaw that I have - I just cannot navigate. :blush:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
No!
I'm trying to de-tox and get the spending bug out of my system. It's quite difficult because there's always something else you need for this cycling lark.

Strangely enough, once I'm out on the bike that feeling just goes away and to quote some bloke called Armstrong - It's not about the bike.

The Garmins where just bought to make up for a genetic flaw that I have - I just cannot navigate. :blush:

Bet those naughty little spending devils are rampaging about saying SPEND, SPEND, SPEND!!!!!!!:stop:

OP
OP
lanternerouge

lanternerouge

Veteran
Is there anywhere to download the decent Garmin maps that is cheaper than the Garmin site? Would prefer to download rather than have card or DVD or whatever posted...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You have a choice, open maps which are easy to get free and legitimate, or unlocked Garmin maps which you have to get from file sharing sites which are not legit.

To get the original order a DVD via Handtec

They do work as I have originals, open maps and the unlocked ones. Bought the Garmin map a couple of years ago, but decided to update with an unlocked version. Have the original, the unlocked one, and open maps available.

The open maps also come optimised for mtb as well, so you get trails, canal paths etc on them.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
My cadence cut off today, 3 hours into ride, but was still getting speed readings. I have only had my 800 a week and have ridden about 10 hours so dont think it should be battery.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
My cadence cut off today, 3 hours into ride, but was still getting speed readings. I have only had my 800 a week and have ridden about 10 hours so dont think it should be battery.

Speed will be coming from GPS if your sensor is sensor runs out of juice.

U

User482

Speed will be coming from GPS if your sensor is sensor runs out of juice.

Maybe. I have the same problem as @Louch with my cadence sensor, but if I spin the back wheel with the bike stationary, I get a speed reading, so I know the speed sensor is working. The crank magnet is all but touching the sensor so that's not the problem either.

Top Bottom