Garmin edge 800 ... waterproof??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IPX7 -
Immersion up to 1 m Ingress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to 1 m of submersion).
Test duration: 30 minutes
Immersion at depth of at least 1 m measured at bottom of device, and at least 15 cm measured at top of device

This is the IPX7 definition from the web - to me that indicates more than "splash-proof"!!

I take it all back, the guy on the phone was very helpful, I have an RMA and address to send the device. Garmin, my love for you is restored!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The unit should not allow water ingress during normal use. Garmin customer service IMO is excellent on the whole (they fixed my 3 year old Garmin Edge 500 FOC recently) but if you email them you tend to get random answers from random people, all of whom have been given different information. I am currently waiting on a resolution to an issue with power measurement data with an Edge 810, it is a common problem at least 12 people have reported on the Garmin forum and submitted tickets, I have had 2 different answers via email, a different one by phone and there are other answers being given to other people by email.

Ha, She sent me an email saying it does not say submersible under 1 metre of water for 30 mins on their website, with a link to the page. I kindly said that it says IPX7 which is the standard for that, and that she should do some research and to have a lovely day. I then get an email from someone called Matthew saying he can assist me further, with an RMA and return address for repair/replacement under warranty. So I ended up with 2 RMA's :tongue:
Katherine must have been too embarrassed to email me back bless her

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You generally do not get a response from the same person even if you reply to the specific email, if I look at the 2-3 ongoing email conversations with Garmin, none of the trails include the same names per trail (yet some names are common across several trails).

BTW I received an email from that person this morning.

Top Bottom