Garmin edge 800 ... waterproof??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just wondering if anyone has been out with a garmin edge 800 in heavy rain?
I got caught in a heavy squall the other night and put mine away in a waterproof place.

Need i have bothered?

Are they as waterproof as garmin claim??

Edge705

Yes they are incredibly waterproof:thumbsup: Ive had mine out in heavy driving rain gale force:rain::rain: and its saturated when the ride's finished but no sign of water ingress neither under the screeen or at the back. The 800 IMHO has a better design for protecting the usb and data card ports much better than the 705 but make sure the seals are pressed firmly back after charging

stu1903

Über Member
I have the 705 and was out in the driving rain and hailstones today like many days we have in Scotland and never had a problem. Garmin devices always seem to be very well protected.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Yep mine was out in a downpour today, never missed a beat. Just make sure you have the rubber slot covers properly in place. Just don't go swimming with it !!!

GrasB

Veteran
the 500 & 800 are IPX7 rated for water ingress. That's immersion under 1m of water for 30 min... in the botom of a bath for 5 min is fairly tame

I have never waterproofed or been concerned about my Edge 800 or the previous 705

They just seem to take it in their stride!

mountainrider

I fitted my brand new edge 800 yesterday.
went for a 26km ride around the new forest in the rain.
Now neither of the buttons on the front or the power button on the side work?
About to send it back.

frayBentos59

Specialized OCD
Some of the threads above are hidden because i work with computers still on IE6!!!!
anyhoo...apologies if this has been listed above, if you are overly concerned you can also get the little black garmin case and screen protectors off ebay. they will provide all the extra protection needed but most importantly put your mind at rest.

Top Bottom