Garmin Edge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Lone Rider

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I am trying to put a file onto my Garmin but it is not coming up on the Garmin, the files on the Garmin while plugged into the PC is showing its there but when unplugged its not?

Any help will be appreciated.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I am trying to put a file onto my Garmin but it is not coming up on the Garmin, the files on the Garmin while plugged into the PC is showing its there but when unplugged its not?

Any help will be appreciated.
IIRC you have to turn the garmin off after removing from PC and the file should be there after rebooting. Needs to be in the new files folder on the PC

Venod

Eh up
Having had several Garmin devices, still have two, I have never had any problems until now, my 520 switched itself off after 3 mile I thought I had forgot to charge the battery, but it did it again on the next ride, I switched it back on and carried on with no problems, yesterday it switched off after 5 mile but the battery was flat, had I forgot to charge it? if switched off when charging, when you unplug it switches on, had I done this and forgot to turn it off?
I have now done a factory reset together with the hassle of reprogramming all the data fields to my liking, I will see how it goes.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Having had several Garmin devices, still have two, I have never had any problems until now, my 520 switched itself off after 3 mile I thought I had forgot to charge the battery, but it did it again on the next ride, I switched it back on and carried on with no problems, yesterday it switched off after 5 mile but the battery was flat, had I forgot to charge it? if switched off when charging, when you unplug it switches on, had I done this and forgot to turn it off?
I have now done a factory reset together with the hassle of reprogramming all the data fields to my liking, I will see how it goes.
I've had my 520 switch off a couple of times. I was blaming live segments, and touch wood, it hasn't done it since I stopped using them. Kind of defeats the benefits of having things like that if they can't be used without crashing it though. Not very impressed.

Venod

Eh up
I was blaming live segments

I don't use the live segments so can't blame them, after the reset yesterday all was OK today.
I put the 520 on the bike outside and went inside to put my shoes, helmet and gloves on, when I came to get on the bike the 520 was off and I thought here we go again, but the auto off was enabled, doh.

Top Bottom