Garmin or Bryton? That is the question!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mandy jo

Regular
Hey folks,
The Christmas Fairy is going to buy me a funky GPS gadget to save my phone battery getting drained! So I put it to the forum, the Mighty Garmin500/800 or relative newbie on the scene Bryton 50?

Discuss! :o)

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Garmin, proven devices, good customer service etc

I have a Bryton and would recommend it, mine came with comprehensive European mapping/points of interest and Eurovelo routes pre-installed, don't have heart rate or cadence sensors so can't comment on their performance. Never used the Garmin.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Bryton's seem to be improving; I've got a Rider 35 and the HRM works well. Can't seem to work out the cadence sensor.

Mapping works fine once you understand it.

I got a Bryton 35 last wk, and if I stop for length of time, we are talking less than 8 mins as far as I know, for some reason it completely loses altitude. gps track is spot on though.

endoman

Had a Bryton 50 for a year, been faultless, does all I want it to do. Navigation when needed is very useful. Use it with HRM and cadence with no issues.

OP
OP
M

Mandy jo

Regular
Does the Bryton 50 upload to Strava?

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Garmin has a lawsuit against Bryton which is ongoing, you may wish to read up on this as it could effect future sales and support. The Bryton already has an injunction preventing sale in Germany and they are trying to get this through the US and other European countries

Garmin has a lawsuit against Bryton which is ongoing, you may wish to read up on this as it could effect future sales and support. The Bryton already has an injunction preventing sale in Germany and they are trying to get this through the US and other European countries
Sounds like it is much like apple suing samsung.

"They accuse Bryton of mimicking both the appearance and functionality of their popular Edge range" with the Ryder 30:rolleyes:

Its a bike computer and does bike computer things ffs

Or to put it bluntly Garmin are pissed that someone is selling a superior product for half the price and nicking profits.

Edit: a quick google and the last reports seem to be in 2011 so I guess this never escalated

Mike!

Guru
Recently got myself a Garmin 800, great bit of kit and so easy to upload to connect / strava. Considered a Bryton but decided to go for the more proven unit myself....

MissyR

Hey folks,
The Christmas Fairy is going to buy me a funky GPS gadget to save my phone battery getting drained! So I put it to the forum, the Mighty Garmin500/800 or relative newbie on the scene Bryton 50?

Discuss! :o)

Well aren't you a very very very lucky girl then Mandy Jo!!! However if I had such a generous fairy looking out for me then I'd be going for the Garmin Edge 800 with free handle bar tassles (if your into that kind of thing) :biggrin:

Top Bottom