Garmin premium vs standard HR.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Just had a quick look and it appears that the Polar HRM will not work with a Garmin HU...

Is this definitely true?
No, the Polar strap has two press studs which the Garmin HRM attaches to, just like the Garmin premium strap.
Here it is on Amazon, Just over £9.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polar-Chest...&sr=1-1&keywords=Polar+Chest+Strap+Soft+Strap
I know it 100% works because it is the strap I bought and currently use with my Garmin HRM.

Just had a quick look and it appears that the Polar HRM will not work with a Garmin HU...

Is this definitely true?
Not sure of this, but....

If the sensors in the strap were the issue I believe it is possible to connect the hardware of the Garmin Premium to the strap of the Polar, solving the issue

... and a Quick Google later DC Rainmaker

Although the Garmin strap is different from mine, mine is a complete strap with a plastic clip at the side - Have Garmin upgraded the strap t mimic the Polar?

Mine is like this:

31wtzzCZ4QL._SX300_.jpg

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The one you have is the 2nd latest generation I believe ^^ The one in DC Rainmakers article is a prior generation. There is a newer generation strap as well, which I have gone through 3 of in the past year (i.e. they didn't fix the problems with the previous generations when they made the latest one), the latest generation ones look like this:

premium-hr-monitor-1-web.jpg

OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
So general consensus on the latest Garmin HRM's is that they are not perfect and probably not worth the premium for. But on the other hand they will replace with the minimal of fuss.

Sorely tempted to order that one in the link I posted above. At least I can act as a Guinea pig for all you guys!

Top Bottom