Garmin Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The .IMG files for the maps can take up quite a lot of the onboard memory. Use a memory card if your device can take one.

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
Which Garmin device are you using?
Where are you planning and downloading your route from.
Are you downloading as a TCX file? If so, try downloading as a FIT. file or a GPX. file.
Edge130
I'm downloading the route from the RideLondon website
I've downloaded using as a FIT file which is only 73KB and dragging the file to the edge130 but it's not showing on the device or in Garmin connect.
On the properties on the device it shows the format as FAT(default),EXFAT and NTFS.Is that why it's not uploading?
This is where i come unstuck with my basic computer skills:whistle:

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
My son has borrowed me his power bank which is 10000 AH.If I need to I would try charging the device when I had a break.
Would the power bank be to powerful seeing the 130 has only a small battery or would it just shut down when it’s full?

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
@The Central Scrutinizer That bank will be fine. It won't be too powerful, it'll just charge it until its full then hold hold enough charge to recharge it about 15 times if needed, will probably shut off when it's full depending on the specs of the power bank.
Will ask do your phone if needed.
The 130 also allows charging while you're on the move if needed so could pop it in a top tube bag and let it do its thing, if there's enough room under the mount.

Top Bottom