Garmin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Quick question so quick answer, YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

...and become annoyingly arrogant

...and sulk and probably strike if you go off the route it tells you to take, because it knows best

...and refuse to acknowledge the existence of any other country outside of it's own borders

(gosh, I'm enjoing this ;) )

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
... and won't work for you next month. Or the one after. After all, what's the point of doing work between all those public holidays?

It will also walk and talk in a manner making it impossible to get anything done. No... wait... that's just me suffering the effects of working for a French multinational company. I have a lot of French coworkers, and the females...! :wub:

yello

After all, what's the point of doing work between all those public holidays?

I'd forgotten that one! Yes, 2 public holidays in May so don't expect it to work during May!

(If a public holiday falls on a Thursday, as they have this month, then typically people take the Friday off too.... 'faire le pont' as it's called. Literally, 'make the bridge'
http://www.expatfocus.com/faire-le-pont-holiday-periods-in-france)

MisterStan

Label Required

Brandane

Legendary Member
...and become annoyingly arrogant

...and sulk and probably strike if you go off the route it tells you to take, because it knows best

...and refuse to acknowledge the existence of any other country outside of it's own borders

(gosh, I'm enjoing this ;) )
On the other hand ;)......
It will applaud you, or give a friendly toot of encouragement on the horn when you are climbing hills.
It will give you plenty of room as it passes, unless it wears a GB plate.
It will make the road surfaces smooth as a snooker table, and traffic will be so much lighter.
It will turn off the rain and bring you sunshine.
It will cook you tasty food.
Etc. etc.. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

yello

A garmin can do all of that? I am impressed!

I assure you that I've had mixed experiences of all of the things you mention. There's crap driving, roads and food here as elsewhere. :smile:

Brandane

Legendary Member
A garmin can do all of that? I am impressed!

I assure you that I've had mixed experiences of all of the things you mention. There's crap driving, roads and food here as elsewhere. :smile:
True. But not nearly as prevalent as this side of the channel IME..

Top Bottom