Gaz down in Streatham - II

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
lol, feel for ya Gaz. When I cracked a rib I had the same problem. Every time I turned round in bed I had to let out a yell.. drove the missus mad.. I had to sleep in the spare bedroom lol

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I wish I could sleep in.
I can only sleep in one position and after 7 hours my back hurts so much I wake up and have to get out of bed.

If I lived alone I'd sleep in a chair I'd reckon. :biggrin:

I feel for you.

Seriously, day time tv? What is this, 20th century?

http://piratebay.org

Party Down, Parks and Recreation, Better off ted, Community. If you are desperate(i, Cougar Town and Modern Family aren't as bad as they sound.

Oh, and 5 seasons of The Wire, if you haven't got there yet.

(as always, if you or any of your IM force be caught or killed, the secretary will disavow any of your actions)

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Says the man who is watching daytime tv.

Seriously, I gave up broadcast tv about 2 years ago, and haven't missed it.

I gave up watching day time TV after half an hour of watching it. I have my means of getting TV and it is a lot faster than torrents ;)

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Add into the fact that paratebay and others are watched by government and hackers alike. Enjoy your viri as your computer downloads offensive material.:wacko:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
An update...

Went back on the bike for the first time today, just over 13 weeks since it happened.
Been off the painkillers for some time now and I have improving movement in my arm, about 140degrees in each plain.

Police have decided not to take any action. which is fair considering the footage I have, it doesn't show enough to put blame on anyone from a law point of view.
However the other parties insurance has accepted liability.

BSRU

A Human Being
Can we assume then that your version of events is different from the drivers, since they are not prosecuting the driver, because the video evidence does not confirm either version and no witnesses.

At least the insurance company are going to pony up.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
140's not bad - mine is 170 abduction in both so you aren't too off.

How's the sleeping - I can't sleep for long on my left even now, and still use a pillow to prop up my left arm when sleeping on the right.

Good that they have accepted liability. Glad you are off the painkillers - codine isn't nice - especially in higher doses. Any nerve related pain - tingling/burning ?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Glad it is improving, how hard was it back on the the bike after a long lay off?

Decided on the replacement bike yet?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Can we assume then that your version of events is different from the drivers, since they are not prosecuting the driver, because the video evidence does not confirm either version and no witnesses.

Pretty much.

140's not bad - mine is 170 abduction in both so you aren't too off.

How's the sleeping - I can't sleep for long on my left even now, and still use a pillow to prop up my left arm when sleeping on the right.

Good that they have accepted liability. Glad you are off the painkillers - codine isn't nice - especially in higher doses. Any nerve related pain - tingling/burning ?
Sleeping is a lot better than it was, still not lying on my right hand side but able to move around now so getting some good nights sleep unlike previously.The downsides to codeine are certainly not pleasant, i was off those as soon as possible and just take paracitamol. Only nerve related pain i have at the moment is if i extend my arm out to the side and keep my arm straight, i get some really bad tingling in my elbow. It's getting better with some stuff my physio is doing.

Glad it is improving, how hard was it back on the the bike after a long lay off?

Decided on the replacement bike yet?
It was hard work, I was doing as much as I could on the turbo over the past few weeks, but i've still lost a lot of fitness and strength, didn't help that i put on some weight as well :ohmy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Only nerve related pain i have at the moment is if i extend my arm out to the side and keep my arm straight, i get some really bad tingling in my elbow. It's getting better with some stuff my physio is doing.

Fingers crossed it's not like mine then - mine is constant in the whole arm. I'm sure the physio will have told you that pins and needles in arm are usually related to the neck, and the brachial plexus (nerves that run from neck, through shoulder into arm). Just keep an eye on this, and hopefully the physio can sort it - often can be caused by swelling/impingement.

Top Bottom