G'day from the USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R_Z

Greetings all. I stumbled upon your forum while searching for information on a used bike. Looked like a friendly place on the net, so I thought I'd join.

I'm from Memphis, TN (home of Elvis . . thank you . . . thank you very much). Graceland is about 15 minutes from my home. I've been 3 times, twice to show friends who've made the pilgrimage from other states. But enough about that.

My name is Ron, but many years ago, one of my bosses gave me the moniker of RZ. I've been attached to it ever since. I hadn't ridden a bike since high school (a looooooooooooong time ago). In 2007 one of my neighbors convinced me to ride. She started me on a hybrid. So I later went out and bought one. I rode that bike until this year. Then I decided to try a road bike. I bought my road bike back in April of this year. This past June, I was trying to turn, got too close to the curb, fell over and chipped the seat stay. Because the bike is carbon fiber, it was ruined (3 months I had the bike). But my lovely wife found a place that does CF repair and so it's off in California to be fixed. I've been looking for an inexpensive back up back, but found nothing so far.

I've carried on quite too much, but I wanted to say hello and hope to learn much as I browse the site.

Cheers!
Ron

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
Welcome along...

killiekosmos

Veteran
Welcome.

I live 9 miles from Prestwick Airport, the only part of UK Elvis visited (Aaa Hu Hu) (on his way to/from serving in Germany).

Like you I started off on a hybrid and moved to a road bike. Cannot convince myself yet to go full carbon, with 4 bikes in the garage I cannot explain to my wife that I need another (although she has loads of shoes and handbags).

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome to the forum R Z.:hello: It is always a pleasure to have friends from across the water join up. This is a friendly place, no question too silly, although some of the answers might be.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Welcome RZ - Elvis would've been on CycleChat too I rec! :becool:

bike_elvis_408.jpg

Top Bottom