Gear cable snapped while out riding,but not too bad an experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I reckon a fiver including tip.
Spot on,how did you know?:scratch::whistle:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
My change pot came to over £700 last time I cashed it in.

Back on topic, I reckon a fiver including tip.

Not quite in your league, but my "penny jar" (an old Bells former pub whisky bottle) came to a little over £175 earlier this year. It was only emptied because Mrs B complained she couldn't move it.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
£25

The tension in a gear cable in a particular gear is the same whether you are going uphill, flat, or downhill
Not true: on some systems, it's slightly lower in the inner ring at the front and small cog at the back. On most three speeds and some other hub gears, it's slackest in either high or low.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Not true: on some systems, it's slightly lower in the inner ring at the front and small cog at the back. On most three speeds and some other hub gears, it's slackest in either high or low.

Read again, in the same gear the tension does not change because of the gradient of the slope. High and low gears are not the same gear. Pay attention at the back!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Read again, in the same gear the tension does not change because of the gradient of the slope. High and low gears are not the same gear. Pay attention at the back!
I see now how you could read what you wrote that way, but it wasn't how I read it. You should have written it the less ambiguous second way first IMO.

Kajjal

Guru
You were lucky I was an hour and half from home in the pouring rain earlier in the year when my rear gear cable snapped. I had to place a call to a very cross woman to come and pick me up :ohmy:

Top Bottom