GearGurl - eBay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alcdrew

I know people on here have/use Geargurl as this is where I heard about them.

But does anyone know how good they are at with dealing with stuff that doesn't work when you get it? I guess they will ask me to send the broken item back and then ship me a replacment, probably charging more P&P:angry: And therefore not making it worth me sending it back.

What do you think the odds are of tehm just sending a replacement?

Or do you think, since it's a new product I can use the mfg. warrenty in the UK?

Basicly I got a Cateye EL410 light from them but the on/off switch is broken.

Any item bought at "distance" can be returned for a full refund, especially if your dealing with a business, within ywo weeks (I think)

Best e mail them and see what the reply is.

Good luck :biggrin:

barq

You bought through ebay I take it? Did you use PayPal? If you don't get any joy out of GearGurl then you can always file a dispute to get your money and original P&P back. You'll have to return the product (preferably using a tracked service) but it's better than nothing.

My hunch is that Cateye won't honour the warranty, but you could always try asking their UK distributor Zyro.

OP
OP
Alcdrew

Alcdrew

walker said:
Can you not take the batteries out to turn it off and put them back in when you want it on?

Good thinking :biggrin: But no!!

I have emailed zyro to see what they say and also geargurl so will see what they have to say geargurl is off on holiday though till Monday.

I guess if geargurl whats me to ship it back and pay extra P&P, and Zyro won't do anything then I'll try and pull the thing apart and fix it. I reckon it probably only needs cliping in place properly or something. But don't want to try that first, incase I make it worse.

Top Bottom