Gears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian Stacks

How do I stop my heats slipping. It's not all gears only 2-3 but a little irritating. They are sora 9 speed shimano gears on a used bike I have just bought.:bicycle:

lpretro1

Probably just need to adjust cable tension

How do I stop my heats slipping. It's not all gears only 2-3 but a little irritating. They are sora 9 speed shimano gears on a used bike I have just bought.:bicycle:
Is it slipping as you pedal, or from one gear to the other, if its as you pedal it could be the teeth on the cassette maybe worn, if its gear to gear what @Ajax Bay said, though could be other things.
If its worn teeth, I say this as you say its slipping in 2-3 which could have been the previous riders favourite gears (get the idea, most used), it will mean a new cassette and chain. 9sp sora won't be expensive, you could take the opportunity to re-gear the bike if you want if you are finding hills to difficult or easy.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Is it slipping as you pedal, or from one gear to the other, if its as you pedal it could be the teeth on the cassette maybe worn, if its gear to gear what @Ajax Bay said, though could be other things.
If its worn teeth, I say this as you say its slipping in 2-3 which could have been the previous riders favourite gears (get the idea, most used), it will mean a new cassette and chain. 9sp sora won't be expensive, you could take the opportunity to re-gear the bike if you want if you are finding hills to difficult or easy.
My guess too, sometimes when i change a chain i will get gear slip in a couple of gears which i call my cruising gears that i tend to use on the flat.

Top Bottom