gels...is it a myth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Dissent is healthy, but I prefer scientific method over opinion.

Bananas and dates were used by marathon runners because of one or two anecdotes, not scientific study. Now it's mostly because people distrust science... which is wrong.
As do I, but there doesn't seem to be much independent science about gels. As far as I saw, independent studies mostly look at what mix of proteins and carbs or so on, not whether raw or processed is better. I wonder if that's because Whitworths and Fyffes aren't funding much research.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Next we will be discussing scientific studies on whether sandwiches work...

Tin Pot

Guru
As do I, but there doesn't seem to be much independent science about gels. As far as I saw, independent studies mostly look at what mix of proteins and carbs or so on, not whether raw or processed is better. I wonder if that's because Whitworths and Fyffes aren't funding much research.

Yeah, I think the chocolate milk research is most famous in that line. No one ever did an omelette study, for example.

I listen to Endurance Planet a fair bit, and there is a hell of a lot of pseudoscience and self asserted "facts" particularly around nutrition.

Ben Greenfield may have put a lot of effort in but statistical significance is missing in virtually every "supporting" study.

There was one ep where he was one of three athletes in a study. I mean, what's the point reporting that stuff?

Top Bottom