General Tips for an U16 cyclist plz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benneth

Hi, basically i've been cycling for wll over a year now and im starting to take it more seriously... for example cecking out proper training and nutrition.
I've come 5th in the BSCA curcuit race last month and... well... i want some help to make that 5th pos become in the top three!

So i've come to a cycle forum to see if i can get some general hints and tips of ANY sort! whether it me what to do or not to do... little nutrition tips... training tips... website/links... other people to get in touch with...

I NEED HELP WITH ANY THING AND EVERY THING!!! PLEASE

bauldbairn

Firstly, hello Benneth and welcome to the CC forums. :hello:

Secondly, you may want to post your questions in the "Health, Fitness and Training," "Racing," or "Beginners and Riding" sections. The CCers on there should be able to give you any advice/tips you need to improve your cycling.

Well done so far and good luck! :thumbsup:

lukesdad

Benneth, Welcome. Post your questions in the fitness and training section. Try and be specific as you can, i.e. How can I develop my speed,stamina,strength climbing etc. Rather than just how can I improve . Detailing what you are doing at the moment would be helpful. Remember the answers will only be an opinion, and most who answer in there will be older than you and have a wealth of experience. Then its down to you what is relevent and what is tosh ! :biggrin:

OP
OP
B

Benneth

haha im liking your way off thinking but there are no lions in the zoo, on the island/rock called jersey... yes i live in the C.I. jersey :smile:

OP
OP
B

Benneth

ye... i heard that running helps and i've just got into and loving it! and im now getting into triathlons... im giving every i can do to get better... thanks for the tip, it's reinforced how important it is to crosstrain, thanks guys :smile:

lukesdad

I used to do Tri s when I was younger, the 3 disciplines compliment each other for training purposes. I do open water swims now as opposed to pools.

e-rider

crappy member
Enjoying yourself is the key thing - when I was an U16 rider everyone seemed very serious, especially the guys that were quite good; I guess they had dreams of becoming a Pro one day. 20 years on and they're all working 9-5s and with beer bellies!

Enjoy it, and use it as a means to get fit and stay fit into your 20s, 30s, 40s and later life (of course winning the odd event is a bonus too) and it's always good to test yourself against others and push yourself to the limit.

Top Bottom