Genesis Day One Crankset recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
If you have a Day One, check the crank-set for these markings. Genesis are offering to replace FOC - probably due to poor quality reliability

You might receive a similar letter from your supplier

See attached PDF

Attachments

• Genesis Day One Crankset Recall.pdf
    879.3 KB · Views: 43

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Attached PDF is a blank page for me?

roley poley

Über Member
If you have a Day One, check the crank-set for these markings. Genesis are offering to replace FOC - probably due to poor quality reliability

You might receive a similar letter from your supplier

See attached PDF
mine goes in for the change on 14 jan the shop knows no reason for the recall but are more than willing to do it

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
mine goes in for the change on 14 jan the shop knows no reason for the recall but are more than willing to do it

I can see from the photos that the new crank arms are beefier/stronger looking. I wonder if they have had a few failures:ohmy:

I really cant be bothered to ferry my bike for a 50 mile round trip, when I could do the job myself-if only they would send me the parts.:rolleyes:

roley poley

Über Member
I can see from the photos that the new crank arms are beefier/stronger looking. I wonder if they have had a few failures:ohmy:

I really cant be bothered to ferry my bike for a 50 mile round trip, when I could do the job myself-if only they would send me the parts.:rolleyes:
aye well its free and can be combined with the new bike check over I get on the 2018 model bought on black Friday at half price (I am a tight yorkshireman but could not stop the drool when I saw it) and with the money saved may poke my finger at some avid bb7 upgrade and see what they say

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
aye well its free and can be combined with the new bike check over I get on the 2018 model bought on black Friday at half price (I am a tight yorkshireman but could not stop the drool when I saw it) and with the money saved may poke my finger at some avid bb7 upgrade and see what they say

I got my bike at a reduced price. First job was to replace the crap cable brakes with hydraulic s. Fit dynamo lights system and decent panniers. Next job Di2 Alfine 11 hub

roley poley

Über Member
I got my bike at a reduced price. First job was to replace the crap cable brakes with hydraulic s. Fit dynamo lights system and decent panniers. Next job Di2 Alfine 11 hub
wish you well .My first time with disc brakes, tuning a pain, never done owt like hydraulics ,good reports on the bb7 so worth a squeeze on the shelf ,its a day 1 20 so nexus 8 as I am used to ,don't use dynamo any more move lights from bike to bike and no drag but willing to live and learn

broady

Veteran
The Di2 alfine hub was really nice on mine if used regularly. If not the oil in the hub settles and then its not slick at changing for a while.
The original brakes were shocking and I'd have preferred rim brake over those standard disc brakes!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My Alfine 11 had the well known at the time second gear problem.

Shimano changed it out of warranty, also building the new one into the wheel.

The hub may have been improved by now, but the general feeling was that it's not quite as robust and reliable as the eight speeds.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
The Di2 alfine hub was really nice on mine if used regularly. If not the oil in the hub settles and then its not slick at changing for a while.
The original brakes were shocking and I'd have preferred rim brake over those standard disc brakes!

Im probably going to swap the oil for semi fluid grease/oil combo. There are good reports of better protection with these combination mixes

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
My Alfine 11 had the well known at the time second gear problem.

Shimano changed it out of warranty, also building the new one into the wheel.

The hub may have been improved by now, but the general feeling was that it's not quite as robust and reliable as the eight speeds.
Im getting the SG7051 version, which has some upgraded internals.

Top Bottom