Gentleman Burglar Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Send him around here. I haven't got a lot worth stealing and the house is a mess.

PK99

Legendary Member
I see this former city trader and cyclist managed to commit 130 burglaries while getting about Hampshire on his bicycle, always leaving his victims homes neat and tidy. What a chap.

?

Don't you mean what a b*stard?

Have you ever been burgled? We have twice, on both occasions we were asleep upstairs. The second time with 2 small kids upstairs as well.

On another occasion I interrupted a guy trying to break in when I returned home in the middle of the day.

Burglary is not something to joke about or take lightly.

Nibor

Bewildered
He'd have only got 3 years if he wasn't a cyclist lol

Doesn't say what his bike was. Possible that that's how he was caught? It would rather help to identify him unless he had a stable of them. So not necessarily that clever, gent or not.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
As if the New Forest residents need another reason to dislike cyclists! :whistle:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru
Definitely a low trail touring frame and - since we're being old-school here, the gentleman burglar - one of those classic Gilles Berthoud boxy bar bags, the kind in which you would normally carry a cold chicken and bottle of cabernet sauvignon for your roadside picnic. It would be large enough to carry away the silver and the jewellery. I think 650B wheels - again, strictly old school - with tyres wide enough for the gravelly bits. Definitely Marathon-Plus tyres - suffering a flat whilst taking your getaway is very, well, shall we say, deflating.

Mudguards of course - no sense getting a muddy stripe up the backs of our tweed jackets. It can make one stand out in the line-up afterwards...

Last edited:
Top Bottom