Gents of CC - boxer shorts!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Thanks all - plenty of suggestions to work through there; still not sure which direction I want to go in tbh but will check out what's on offer :smile:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Merino boxers are comfortable

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Finally got some bought after all sorts of drama... decided to use my work Chirstmas bonus gift card for something crushingly boring and mundane, since none of its affiliated outlets appear to supply cocaine or hookers.

According to some sources the card is allegedly usable in John Lewis, but it was declined.. turns out you need to exchange it for vouchers. Works at M&S though so today I spent 20 sheckles on a packet of their cotton Lycra* Trunks in a range of tasteful blue monochrome motifs.. will test-drive and allocate remaining funds accordingly.

I'm heartily relieved to have some new kecks tbh; considering the few that are left look like they've been subject to at least one nuclear blast.

Can't complain given how long they've lasted however - literally worn through to naff-all..

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Today marks the third and final day (this wash) spent clad down there in the M&S Stretch Cool and Fresh cotton (90%) and Lycra (10%) trunk; @ £28/5 if you go for the patternless selection pack, or £20/3 (notontheirwebsite) if like me you're suckered by the tasteful floral or striped motifs and struggle with the commitment of purchasing five pairs.

Generally I'm very impressed with these; my first significant foray away from traditional baggy boxer shorts. By comparison they seem a lot better fitting and supportive without being constricting. Access to the bits only I am currently qualified to operate is quick, easy and intuitive. The figure-hugging format flatters my mediocre-cyclists-physique below the waistline; this being comprehensively sunk however by the overhang from above (which is sadly not the fault of the underwear). Aesthetically they're maybe slighly busy, broad strokes.. but certainly acceptable.

All those examples now safely isolated to the laundry bin, I've now cracked open yesterday's score of John Lewis' arguably closest rival - and will, of course, report back once I've had the sully the three pairs currently in my possession..

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
What have I stumbled into?

Buy underwear in 10s at least. That extends the time between laundry runs.
Like bikes the right size and cut are important. Find Matalan pretty good value

Drago

Legendary Member
Buy quality, buy once.

This was the mantra going round in my head when I bought my one pair of Y fronts in 1975. Beautiful quality stitching, extra thick electrically charged deep brown nylon, wonderfully racy orange piping.

They just never wear out. Regular turns back to front and inside out extends periods between "washes" (this said that if you become a freemason they tell you the secret of the 5th combination), and every fews months a good scrape with an angle grinder and a quick spray with Febreeze is all that is required to restore theor freshness. They really are the wonder garment, so much better than boxers that let your vegetables dangle, or ballpacker briefs that squeeze your space hoppers.

Jody

Stubborn git
Generally I'm very impressed with these; my first significant foray away from traditional baggy boxer shorts. By comparison they seem a lot better fitting and supportive without being constricting. Access to the bits only I am currently qualified to operate is quick, easy and intuitive. The figure-hugging format flatters by mediocre-cyclists-physique below the waistline; this being comprehensively sunk however by the overhang from above (which is sadly not the fault of the underwear). Aesthetically they're maybe slighly busy, broad strokes.. but certainly acceptable.

You should find a job in marketing!

Top Bottom