Get on the road with "that"!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
"That", said in a disgusted tone, was my bike, of course.
I was using the new widened shared pavement, our new "walking and cycling facility", a token to non drivers because the adjacent road has also being widened, as befitting to a "relief road".
Of course, both the road it is supposed to relieve and the new one are really busy with motorized traffic, but that's on the by.
So, there are signs, there are bike crossing lights, I am legit: also the local authority did send us the plans, with the new cycling path clearly marked :whistle:
Not long ago I was using a shared pavement pavement part on a NCN, clearly marked ... "cycling on the pavement!!!!"
When I pointed out the sign, "ah, but they don't mean here, they mean the road ... cycling on the pavement!!!!!"
Bet it's the same ones that when I'm on the road with an adjacent cycle path shout " get in the cycle path!!!!!"
You cannae win :sad:

Screw them all. Cycle on and ring your bell.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've had the same done to me on a shared path that's part of NCN R66 - "Aren't you a bit old to be cycling on the pavement?", from a bloke in his fifties playing up for the benefit of his lady friend.
What a Herbert he must have felt when I pointed out the pictogram of a bike on the tarmac behind him, and the NCN sign on the lamp post above his head. His companion seemed quite amused though...^_^

A neighbour who's seen me out on the bikes also never fails to moan about either cyclists on the road getting in his way, or to complain about the amount of money that's "been wasted" on the Cycle Super Highway without seeing the contradiction of his own logic...

Sometimes you just can't win! :wacko:

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
IMG_1089.JPG

Sandra6

Veteran
I've had this a couple of times on shared use paths. Blinking pedestrians wandering all over the place. :cycle:
Last week was the first time I've been shouted at to get on the cycle path though.
Moron in his car pulled alongside me, slowed right down - holding up more of the traffic than I ever could - and yelled at me to get on the cycle path. "see that, that's where you should be" I held up two fingers and suggested he saw that instead.
I wish I'd got his reg and reported him for intimidation. I can act intimidated if I have to.

Top Bottom