Getting a whiff of weed from passing cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I find it amusing that there is often a little group of smokers outside my local station having a last drag before going onto the platform where smoking is not allowed.

What amuses me is fact that some of them are smoking weed outside the station, but not on the platform because that is not allowed. And indeed they would be immediately tut-tutted and told to put it out if they did smoke (cigarettes, weed, anything) on the platform.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I find it amusing that there is often a little group of smokers outside my local station having a last drag before going onto the platform where smoking is not allowed.

What amuses me is fact that some of them are smoking weed outside the station, but not on the platform because that is not allowed. And indeed they would be immediately tut-tutted and told to put it out if they did smoke (cigarettes, weed, anything) on the platform.

Apparently tobacco is banned in the Amsterdam 'Coffee shops' nowadays so they provide bowls of 'shade leaves' on the tables so patrons can roll up. :becool:

Alex321

Veteran

I understand your point, but I think your last point is the important one here - they would be told to put it out, whether weed or not, while outside, they aren't told to do so. The fact that the weed is still "not allowed" doesn't matter if they think nobody is going to stop them or even react to them.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I understand your point, but I think your last point is the important one here - they would be told to put it out, whether weed or not, while outside, they aren't told to do so. The fact that the weed is still "not allowed" doesn't matter if they think nobody is going to stop them or even react to them.

Nope it's a fixed penalty fine (£60 I believe) for smoklng on the platform.

Alex321

Veteran
Apparently tobacco is banned in the Amsterdam 'Coffee shops' nowadays so they provide bowls of 'shade leaves' on the tables so patrons can roll up. :becool:

Yes, smoking tobacco is banned in almost all indoor spaces except private dwellings, across most of Europe nowadays. No good reason for an exception there :laugh:

Jody

Stubborn git

Its tolerated/allowed as long as the packets aren't left in view.

Legally it can't be consumed indoors and the cafe can get in trouble.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Nope it's a fixed penalty fine (£60 I believe) for smoklng on the platform.

Like that's going to happen. It is (I think) outside of the remit of the revenue protection people who hand out penalty fares and catch repeat fare dodgers. And because there is £££ at stake they are the only people who enforce anything.

tom73

Guru
Like that's going to happen. It is (I think) outside of the remit of the revenue protection people who hand out penalty fares and catch repeat fare dodgers. And because there is £££ at stake they are the only people who enforce anything.
Your right it's down to BTP finding any is very different matter even then one that know the law.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Rather they were going after stabbings than folks smoking a bit of pif to be honest.
Unfortunately the stabbings are nearly all among rival drug gangs, which wouldn't be there if people weren't buying the stuff. It either needs to be legalised to eliminate the criminal supply chain* or stamped out completely, including going after well-off users like Prince Harry. The second option isn't likely to work.

*mind you, ice cream is legal and you still get turf wars and stabbings over that

Jody

Stubborn git
Unfortunately the stabbings are nearly all among rival drug gangs, which wouldn't be there if people weren't buying the stuff. It either needs to be legalised to eliminate the criminal supply chain* or stamped out completely, including going after well-off users like Prince Harry. The second option isn't likely to work.

*mind you, ice cream is legal and you still get turf wars and stabbings over that

We should catch up with a lot of Europe, get over the false hysteria and legalise it.

TBF, there are already members only coffee shops around the UK that the police turn a blind eye to.

Kingfisher101

Über Member

Are you joking? Ice cream wars are about drugs not Ice cream. What happens is the Ice cream Van sells drugs.

D

Deleted member 26715

Are you joking? Ice cream wars are about drugs not Ice cream. What happens is the Ice cream Van sells drugs.

I did wonder why our guy comes down the street 7 days a week 52 weeks a year no matter what the weather is like. I just thought he was optimistic not a pusher

Top Bottom