Getting cold feet about tomorrow's audax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In total it will involve 182km- the most I ever done is 108km. Starting to think I have bitten off more than I can chew by doing this audax. Should I do it or walk away (or cycle away :laugh:)from the challenge?

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Do it. Weather's lovely. Eat lots.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Do it. Isn’t there an option for train or lift from your mum once the audax is done?

The weather tomorrow is about as good as it gets. It may be the last good weekend for a few months.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Do it. Isn’t there an option for train or lift from your mum once the audax is done?

The weather tomorrow is about as good as it gets. It may be the last good weekend for a few months.
No- have to suck it up and cycle around 50km to the event (because of train issues) but after the event (110km) I can cycle to Grantham (20km) to get the train. My Mum was meant to drop me off to the event but bailed on me :/

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
So ride there. Take a break , eat and drink. Ride 50km have another proper feed. Ride to end of audax. Have a good feed, take a break. Then ride it home.

So don’t see it as a big ride. See it as a series of shorter rides with proper breaks to refuel and recharge in between.

Give yourself plenty of time to ride there so you can take it easy. Same again on way home. There are only time limits during the middle audax bit

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

So ride there. Take a break , eat and drink. Ride 50km have another proper feed. Ride to end of audax. Have a good feed, take a break. Then ride it home.

So don’t see it as a big ride. See it as a series of shorter rides with proper breaks to refuel and recharge in between.

Give yourself plenty of time to ride there so you can take it easy. Same again on way home. There are only time limits during the middle audax bit
Worried I won't pack enough food. Im thinking of packing 6 energy gels, some veggie gummy bears, 3 protein flapacks,some oreos, PBJ sandwich and water. I don't know what else to pack for food or is that enough?

Landsurfer

Veteran
Dump the gels, the processed food and just feast on Petrol station food ...lol ... we did on our lejog ... real food works .... Never pass an Aldi or a Lidl ......^_^ ..... biscuits ..... packs of biscuits ...lol

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Dump the gels, the processed food and just feast on Petrol station food ...lol ... we did on our lejog ... real food works .... Never pass an Aldi or a Lidl ......^_^ ..... biscuits ..... packs of biscuits ...lol
Vegan so a bit difficult with food in places like petrol stations.. .I got some oreos packed with me.

Top Bottom