Getting interest in this forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macca

Is this forum linked to any other site?

Any ideas on how to get more interest in it?

Anyone out there?

OP
OP
M

macca

If anyone does look in here can they make it known please. I feel a bit of a prat talking to myself. It'll get even worse if I start disageeing with what I've written.

I'll give it a week and then give up. :blush:

bobcycle

I check it most days but agree its very quite.

How do we tell other people about it? anyone good with search engines that can make it better known?

Serenity

I just joined and I'm telling my boyfriend about this. He is joing as we speak. I have a lot of friends in cycling and I plan to spread the word and help this place grow!!!

Townsend

Serenity said:
I just joined and I'm telling my boyfriend about this. He is joing as we speak. I have a lot of friends in cycling and I plan to spread the word and help this place grow!!!

That would be me. :blush:

Since I'm here, it just grew by one person! :rolleyes: Well, it's a start...

Lefire

There seems to be a lot of the Cycling Plus gang moving over to this site so I guess that there will be more help and advise on it's way.

I've just transferred today.

Looking forward to finding out more.

Well Jack,

I don't know if you know but there has been a big shake up in the cycling magazine forum world.

cycling Plus, What Mountain Bike and MBUK used to have a seperate forum each. Now its all been put together in one big site called Bike Radar. I can see from the new Bike Radar forum that not alot of users like the forums.

A topic was posted on the Cycling Plus part of Bike Radar that users might like to try the Cycle Chat forum as it has a simular format to the old Cycling Plus forum that alot liked.

So hear I am a new user just trying this site along with a few other new users I am sure.

purpleR

Guru
Yes, the cycling plus forum was merged with a couple of other forums at bike radar. It's upset some people - user names changed, post counts lost, beta version bugs.... so there's a campaign on in the cakestop (the equivalent of cafe here) to get people to move over.

The feel of this place seems much more like the old C+ forum, althought I am a bit worried that existing users of Cycle Chat feel a bit invaded.

I've moved over from Bike Radar in my ovine way. For me, it was just too big and cavernous.

:blush:

purpleR

Guru
Yup, I hope not too. It seemed like there was a bit of the old us and them happening over at BR. Let's make sure that doesnae happen here.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
It happened at acf too, after the last C+ debacle. Loads of C+ people moved en masse to acf and a few of the original posters there disappeared as they got overwhelmed.
But lots of them were also happy to have more people to talk to.
Then I left!

I think that this forum is quite a new site so even though we have all moved on mass, we will all be new members together. Good for us and also good for cycle Chat and its original members.

I just hope they have moderators at the weekend............

Top Bottom