Getting my bike back today....Yay!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeeOsborne

Well, after being knocked off on a mini roundabout on Tuesday morning resulting in this....
bike1_zps3f8ee99b.jpg

I get to collect the repaired bike later today. Not sure if I will have time to try it out later and I'm away for the weekend from tomorrow morning but I'm looking forward to trying out the new wheels. I've had a pair of Mavic Aksiums fitted to replace the standard wheels. The woman who wiped me out agreed to pay for any damage so I thought, what the hell. The only other real damage was to one pedal, bar tape & a ripped shoe, all of which are being sorted too. I didn't really like the shoes anyway :laugh:
Not much damage to me personally, just a few scratches and a bruised ankle, still a bit swollen but I'll live. I've justified the extra cost of the wheels against the cost of fuel to get to and from work that I've had to pay this week & the inconvenience of it all.
I will report on the new wheels. I've read that they make quite a difference, can't wait to see.

BSRU

A Human Being
Good news.
The main difference I noticed when I changed my stock wheels to Aksiums was the bike seems to accelerate quicker for the same effort, very useful from a standing start at traffic lights.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I would justify her paying the extra costs of the wheels against the pain of your ankle and the downright effrontery of the driver knocking you off in the first place!

Enjoy your new wheels - you're sure to notice the difference.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What do you sneak through the door if you have Ksyriums ^_^

R Sys. :biggrin: Cant get away with Cosmics as they dont look the same.

OP
OP
L

LeeOsborne

How much of a difference those it make from the stock wheels

Well, not had chance to ride it until last night, only went for a short spin but they do feel 'different' I seem to be able to stay in a higher gear for a tad longer on climbs. Accelerating seemed easier too, I certainly caught one driver out turning out of one junction, he was behind me and thought he was just going to go straight past, took him 100 yds of driving on the wrong side of the road before he caught me.

I have to say though, first time out since the accident, not ridden my motorbike either but my confidence has deffo taken a hit. It didn't help when I got close to the entrance to our road and a geezer who lives just up the road left hooked me. Luckily I was slowing for the turn but he didn't know that. It's a slight downhill near the junction too so I would normally be accelerating which would have resulted in 'bang!'

Top Bottom